Progress on participants cars

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=prep,v=display,m=1094053076,s=68 date=1096010529]Right quick summary of car/crews news:
51. TR7 V8- Malcolm Paris- Gearbox swap on the cards.
[/quote]
Indeed.  Just removed the offending 'box today.  There is a ridiculous amount of play in the input shaft which I guess explains the odd noises it has been making.  Ellis' second hand freebee 'box appears to be much better condition and is going in tomorrow.
This may be small potatoes compared with some of the RBR cars but I've never actually replaced a gearbox before.....

Malcolm.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=Raider link=Blah.pl?b=prep,v=display,m=1094053076,s=36 date=1094903560]S&S Preps have also promised me some sponsorship too - well done chaps :)[/quote]

I spoke with Simon to let him know I'm not trying to cadge a gearbox and he told me S&S will sponsor all three of us (you and Ellis too).  I get the idea Simon thinks we are all mad, and he's propably right  ;)

Malcolm.

Car No. 19 is officially in. Head gasket is replaced (old one blew due to being cheap perforated card spray painted in silver hammeright rubbish & plug leads on wrong upon start up, cue lots of back fireing), all leaks & noises fixed, well, as fixed as they can be,  stickers are on, just need to fit new shoes tonight (the car, not me) & we are done.

May even have a few days to relax! Not bad for our first time eh?

Gwaredd.

[quote by=doug_foreman link=Blah.pl?b=prep,v=display,m=1094053076,s=74 date=1096051394]Thanks for the encouraging words Sarah ,my big dilemma is what size flask to take small,medium or large and whether i've got enough screen wash to put in the radiator[/quote]

:)Go large!!!!!  The White Tornado has had it's own fair share of problems :( but we 've had councilling from AJP over the last 5 weeks  ;)  and our friend Mick car no 71 so glad he lives just up the road or I don't know what would happen sometimes  :)

James, chill. I have to collect our American crew member at 5am Thursday morning then get to Coventry for midday to see the car again. I'll be taking my overalls as well as my kit for the run - I full expect to be finishing the car. It still hasn't run yet - Dave has promised to phone me with V8 sound track when it does fire up!
Make a list mate - it helps  8)

I am reasonably chilled - but a heightened level of worry today - generally I don't do the stress thing - so Im not overly worried!

This is my list - been sitting on my desk for a couple of days - I'll be the first to admit that it's not more than a day of work...  but it's this passing of the MOT thats the worrying thing!

Update...

trunnion... check... gearbox oil... check... gearbox linkage... check... stop, indicators, horn, wipers... check... handbrake... check... window washer... check... exhaust bracket... just need to find where it attaches...

So fit the seats tomorrow or later this evening... and MOT here I come...

What a couple of troopers James and Doug F.

Doug is now the proud owner of a Red 1982 Triumph Acclaim- e-bayed last night and brought home!!!

James- good luck tomorrow.

Also after a week of stress- John Scott, Cyril and Terry are all def. in! It was a close run thing!

Bad news James Elliott of Classic and Sportscar is out- a real bummer- top car and nice guy. James has been a massive advocate of the Run in his mag - 2 great articles following 2000 and 2002 runs- so real sad news.

Archived