Progress on participants cars 2006

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are indeed relayed Ellis ;D As are the Cibies of course.

Next I actually need one of those old Dymo tape label makers so that I can sort out some authentic 70s rallycar labels for the switches "Horn, Headlamps, Side,Spots" etc

Amazingly tho, the free TR7 I got recently came with not 1 but 4 spare headlamp switches ::)

So far I have only sold one on e-bay :B

Given rally regs, are you allowed to change your normal headlights for Cibie replacements or at least halogen ??  Makes a huge difference (as will the running through relays) - the lights on the Bus are so much brighter since I've done them. 

[quote by=jcarruthers link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=30 date=1145276839]Surely that's the only time a TR7 driver dares to go out ;D
[/quote]

That's the advantage off owning a TR7, you don't see much off it whilst driving it ;D
And offcourse I agree with Ellis  :P

• 3 weeks later...

The Estate passed it's MoT today, needing no work, yay! (Surely a sign that something will fall off soon). As a warm up for the RBRR it's off to Le Mans Classic in July, just paid the final balance this evening.

I must, must, fit my halogen headlight conversion before October. On RBRR 2004 I burnt through both dip sealed beam units and ended up having to drive on full beams masked by electrical tape, to try and reduce the glare to other drivers.

My TR7 was sold via eBay at the weekend, the new owner collects it on Saturday. He wants to build a V8 race car from it - cool! The additional space it creates in my parent's garage means I can do these little electrical jobs in the dry. The estate is a very snug fit in my garage at home, meaning any indoor working on it is impossible.

Russell.

I've just ordered new front springs (330lb), Swing Spring conversion kit, 3/4" lowering block, trunnion kits and trunnion bolts (all from Canleys). Rebuild after the respray will commence on Monday 22nd May. The next parts order will be Koni shocks, Poly bushes, exchange calipers and grooved & drilled discs.

Can anyone advise on how to get the correct setup for the Koni adjustables?

you should have also said "about bl**dy time!" I've realised in the last few days that, as I return from holiday on Friday 2nd June, I will probably miss the "Show & Shite" Pendle & pennine meeting, along with the "night before LCC" get-together (unless my flight gets in at a decent time and I can get down for last orders!)

In the end I had to go and rattle the cage of the car-painting bloke. He's had the shell since the beginning of December, and it's been in guide coat since January!

Do attempt to get the car running by the end of August- you need plenty of time to give her a good shakedown.

How good will the moment be when you fire the car up for the first time- its a magical time thats mixed with a bit of anxiety to just put give it an edge- marvellous!

So many cars will be re-built or have had work done for this RBRR- will be great to see them all at the start- many of the crews look knackered before the start as they have just finished a 24hr stint getting the cars ready!

Jon,

Ahh.... one of the joys of living in the civilised part of the Country is that one does not have to trouble far to be at the centre of things. (Of course it will take me 1 hour to go 21 miles on the way home tonight)!

Why not travel down the night before and stay locally?

Hooray! I've actually got some progress to report at last!! I've ordered my AVO shocks and 400lb springs and they'll be fitted next week, just before the MOT!

I was hoping to go the whole way and have Polybushes as well, but the cost is too much for me.........unfortunately the other 'progress' is that, unless work picks up fast, I'm likely to be made redundant from my job, and there's no other jobs on the horizon..........retail is cr*p at the moment; people aren't spending their disposable income :(  Just got back from the big wine trade fair in ExCel, London, and everyone is battening down the hatches!....  ::) A big 'successful' wine importing company due to show at the trade fair went into liquidation only yesterday!!!  :o

Ho hum! Onwards and......er.......upwards I hope; or at the very least sideways!  ;D
I'll find something!  Life's a laugh isn't it?!

Looks like the respray will have to be delayed..............yet again!  :B

I'll get to the RBRR start line though, no matter what......but I might not have the cash to fuel me all the way round!  :D :D

Tim . Car 19 has no revisions.... However it is having an overdrive gearbox fitted this week, together with some other bits to hopefully accomplish a first run. Time will tell. She went to Beaulieu today,on the Practical Classics stand, ( get in free that way ), soaking wet. however proved the wipers worked and the cover water-tight. Malc.

Archived