Progress on participants cars 2006

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all a bit scary. The estate's shell is still sitting on the garage floor, naked apart from a minimal undercoat (just as well in this weather) waiting for some time for the welding to be finished. Then paint, interior, engine, mechanicals, wheels, MOT, tax paperwork (allowing a month for this after the Paddington Experience), a couple of test runs.... Oh dear. I might need to take some time off work. Picture at http://www.rhrr.org/team4
CAroline

Good on you Doug.

A few more cars are coming along nicely at pres. these include Nick and Carol Dawes' 2.5Pi mk1, Jon Ranwell's Spittie mk3 and Ray Passell's (2-litre) Spitfire mk4 with Vauxhall 2.0DOHC.

Reckon the quality of cars taking part will be fantastic- The Plough at the start is gonna be immense!

At least your paintwork isn't patchy with large surface-rusted bare patches and cracking and swirling on the roof!!

Still I have a cunning plan!!  I'm trying to get people to sponsor me in return for me covering the car in magnetic advertising!!

[quote by=doug_foreman link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=78 date=1150395335]I don't know about the quality ...still got an ill fitting bonnet in the wrong colour no trim on the bonnet and no front valance[/quote]

Yes, Doug, but isn't that because you're too busy driving Triumphs (and scoring lots of CT points) to worry about such things  ;) :)

[quote by=doug_foreman link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1132093984,s=78 date=1150395335]I don't know about the quality ...still got an ill fitting bonnet in the wrong colour no trim on the bonnet and no front valance[/quote]

Yes, Doug, but isn't that because you're too busy driving Triumphs (and scoring lots of CT points) to worry about such things  ;) :)

Partly true Greeks ,haven't done much of anything Triumph wise last couple of weeks though,with this shoeing comp i organise ,but with that out of the way i'm autotesting next tues evening and full steam with the herald for Le Mans ...Just ordered some paint ..prob have a go at brushing it on to start and see how that looks 

Just been up to Canleys and then over to Karl Dandridge's new premises- just kept bumping into RBRR entrants:

First Dave Marshall in his newly acquired Saffron Yellow 2000 pitched up at Canleys, no sooner had he left when Alex Chandler arrived to buy some clutch parts. Then Andy Smith, Karl D's co-driver arrived delivering a scabbie looking TR7 convertible.
I then shot over to Karl's to immediately see Dave Walker and his son Matthew in Dave's TR6, also got to see Matthew's Dolomite 1500- which I believe they will be using in the RBRR now.
Also got to see the car that Karl intends to use- a GT6- at pres. its just a chassis!

Terrifiic stuff.

I'll be up at Dave's the week after next, getting my injection :-) Having just ordered up some electrical stuff to replace some of the aging wiring I took the car out for a blast today, just makes me want to drive off and not stop! I do have to come home and wash/polish the wife's car, she will keep driving it in this nice weather and with me away most of the week it's her only choice of transport.
I still can't find any Minator centre caps though :-(

Quote:
I took the car out for a blast today, just makes me want to drive off and not stop!

I know just what you mean Jason - see my blog.

I am really looking forward to the 10CR for this very reason - a whole continent to attack in a TR7 ;D 8)

I have been avoiding this thread really because my blog covers the progress being made on BRP.

I have realised tho that it's only 3 months to the RBRR and I am really looking forward to it :)  i'll just see if there's any other threads to comment on it but if not I'll be back here soon ;)

I have been avoiding this thread really because my blog covers the progress being made on BRP.

I have realised tho that it's only 3 months to the RBRR and I am really looking forward to it :)  i'll just see if there's any other threads to comment on it but if not I'll be back here soon ;)

Looking foward to seeing the car, Doug.

When is Katie's test? By the way she may not be the youngest person to undertake the RBRR- Dave Walker is changing his entry so he can  use his son's car- a Dolomite 1500. Matthew his lad, has his test in the next couple of weeks and if successful will drive with Dave's usual co-driver David Spence- great that such young people are interested in taking part in this event.

By the way 14.5 weeks to go.

Visited the Spit this afternoon, as I'm off to France next week. A lot of the brackets and engine parts have now been blasted and powder coated (pedal boxes, radiator cowling, etc.) They look like new! The rocker cover looks especially good, in silver powder-coat.

I'm assured that considerable progress will have been made by the time I get back from hols. Just waiting for a few parts from Canleys (clutch and brake master cylinders, rear shocks, fibreglass transmission tunnel), and we should be able to get everything built up to rolling chassis.

Archived