Who's got what to do for 2010?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I need to rebuild my front suspension, it's getting a bit sloppy. Poly bushes I think. One of the CV joints is shot. I have a lovely new pair of 1500 CV joints but I need 1500 drive shafts to go with them, so if anyone has a scrap 1500 FWD lying around, I'd be interested. I was hoping mine would last long enough for me to find some 1500 shafts but it really is getting rather noisy now.

I'd like a decent exhaust too but it will have to be custom made so it wont be cheap. Then the HS4's I have might make a difference. At the moment they make no difference at all so I put the HS2's back on.

That's all, should be easy in eleven months but before you know it it'll be September and I'll be rushing to get it done.

Stag-Dont ask just dont ask........welding - sills floors,rear  spring mounts  etc etc  engine/gearbox diff drive shafts rebuilds and suspension rebuilds along and all the other stuff I havent found that needs doing...

1967 2000 Taxi shed- fill with petrol and it would be ready to go I reckon ...?

2000MKII saloon
Well first problem is to send in entry form from overseas (Denmark)
Then get the car back together (it has had a respray)... fit doors trim/carpets...relays for the lights - rebuild rear suspension have all the bits.. get the bad ass alloys.. test the rebuilt engine (has only done 60kms and then went for respray).. fit the TR6 manifold and the witor sports system.. and so on....

and in the meantime go to work, walk the dog be nice to the girlfriend and fix the new house and garden ;D

I've got to do the clutch on the stag again, its all on/off at the limit of its travel, so its the usual actuating arm problem again.

Or I have to finish the 4 by 4 estate - I think the stag will be a little quicker and easier somehow

mike

Alex wrote:

But wheres the challenge in that,come on Mike we want to see it on the RBRR :)

I know, the intent is to finish it, but I have been off work sick for the past 3 weeks (got the flu, then a nasty chest infection) and its stopped all work on the car - there's no way I can cut, grind and weld with all the fumes and dust at the moment - and I wonder just how long it will be before I can get back on the car. With the work thats left to do 3 or 4 weeks lost work is a significant amount.

I had intended to have the sill and rear wing completed this month, roof back on next month, and the car on a "spit" so I can roll it over and attend to the underneath.

Oh well at least on the bright side I will get to do the RBRR - although remembering the clutch issue on the Stag, Anne wants me to fit a Tilton coaxial clutch release to make the pedal nice and light for her. No issue with that on the 4 by 4 as its an auto.

mike

Have to Replace the water pump on the Dolomite which luckily enough only started leaking on return home after the Night rally in Holland. Also replace the prop carrier which Did decide to split half way around the night rally and give a noise akin to somthing not meshing correctly in the gearbox, luckily it quietend down in the high gears and it only turned out to be a £50 part and not a gearbox rebuild :D
Parts on thier way, the benifit of having a partner that works in lincoln frequently ;)

willows40 wrote:
dave
can`t believe you keep breaking the dolomite ;D

Andy  :o   I dont break things , they have a habit of failing me  :P
Anyway i'm just ironing out the wrinkles that you left for me  ;)

Should have noticed the prop carrier when i replaced the UJ at the diff end.
The water pump could have gone anytime, better now than October

You better learn then. Or, as I said to you, the Acclaim will still have its ticket when the RBRR starts. She's ready and waiting for you... Doesn't she look pretty. Look, Jess, look. She's calling to you...
*makes Dove from Above style hand motions*

I see no problem using a Dolomite!  I have done one and a 10CR in mine.  My first RBRR was in a Aclaim.   I prefer my Dolomite.  But my Dolly is RED and the Aclaim is White.

DollyRoo needs a new Rad and brake pads, then she's ready.

Archived