Who's got what to do for 2010?

No no and more no! i am not sitting in an acclaim for 48 hours - let alone drive one and there is no way i am spending the same time with stef in the car (then the bomb will explode!) and not a chance i will do it in a dolomite, unless it was a sprint of which getrude is not- so Mildred will be working and it will be fine and u will help :p

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy the 78 Brown Dolly 1500HL will be burning up the A1 hopefully sans noisy gearbox and with a good service and no more wonky winkers ... Otherwise in good fettle. Cant wait to do it all again.  :X :X :X

Darren

P.S  Anyone got a decent  Chestnut late model Dolly back seat rear or the number of that guy doing the leather trim at Stoneleigh ? Mine is peeling like a tangerine and Viva Bri nylon! ;D ;D ;D

I will not state that their is a Triumph that I would not do the RBRR in.  I did not like the Aclaim I was part of in 06, not that I do not like Aclaim's, but on that one the drivers seat, wheel location (locked in the full up spot) I just could just not get comphy driving it.  Those things have been corrected.  Or so I am told.  I like my Dolomite, with the 2L TR7 engine, it has more than enough power.  Steering is a little heavy but I am now used to it.  I have put quite a few miles on the Dolly and we are one.  I admit I almost lost it on a turn I took too fast but kept it under control and made the turn.  Ok I was guilty of inventing the art of Dolomite Passinger Tossing!  Now I know the car and me better.  If I were to only have a crew of 2 and had the money I would not hesitate to bring one of my Heralds over.  It made the 07 ABRR without a hitch and we crossed the Appalachian Mountains and elevations over 2,200 ft twice.  

Ferney:  Ash still has DollyRoo.  Soon she goes back to Carl who has the replacement Rad.  

Just in case you might want to know:  ABRR is the American version of the RBRR.  It ran for 3 years that I know of.  Blake Discher, co-driver with Pat Barbor put it together.  Sorry to say their just was not enough intrest over here.  If you Google abrr or go to www.abrr.org you can read about it.  On the main page you will see a box Sports & Exotic.  Click here and the story of the 07 run will appear.  Their are 4 pictures of my Herald.   The Bentley in the last picture overheated in the mountians and did not finish.  

RARR Surely ... But what a great idea! must take a couple of weeks at least ! It would make a brilliant Triumph celebration for a few CT members to do a Round America Reliabilty Run. Now there's the shipping and oh, quite a lot of fuel and the California Coast Highway. The Rockies ...... Mmmmm.

Dream on

We should start anouther thread for such an adventure.  I would love to do one.  But remember just cross country would take non-stop at least 3 days! and almost 3,000 miles.  Way longer if,  Florida-Maine-Washington state-Califorina-Florida!  

Ferney:  Will see about a ride the week before the RBRR.  How can I turn down a ride in a RED car.  You can take me to a certian supermarket.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update on the Spitfire, the head is now off all seems OK at first glance, just got to take the springs, valves off to check the seats and guides, although everything is well carbonised. So a good clean is needed. One of the rocker connecting rods is stuck in its bucket so need to have a good look at that. There are also some tell tale signs that the head gasket was leaking between cylinders 2 & 3

The Stag is awaiting a rebuilt engine, after much discussion with Faversham about options arising from its tendency to pressurise the water system I have decided to have one of their engine rebuilds done - this may mean the Stag is promoted to the  RBRR - watch this space!

Archived