• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AlanChatterton wrote:
Thought I'd start nice and early!

So, what are people's plans for 2014?

Mine involve McEric, Bradley's 2.5PI, a welder, a gearbox and lots of time!

So from this we can assume that Del33 won't be finished in 2 years time  ;D ;D ;D

AlanChatterton wrote:

So, what are people's plans for 2014?

A 2000TC, a s***load of welding, a respray, complete front and rear suspension overhaul, gearbox rebuild, new diff seals, drive- and propshaft overhaul...and I'm sure there'll be loads of stuff I don't know about yet  ??)

Oh, and frequent progress reports to Glenn and Dan  ;D

Spitfire2500 wrote:

A 2000TC, a s***load of welding, a respray, complete front and rear suspension overhaul, gearbox rebuild, new diff seals, drive- and propshaft overhaul...and I'm sure there'll be loads of stuff I don't know about yet  ??)

Oh, and frequent progress reports to Glenn and Dan  ;D

This is one group of people that I'd love to see on the run!
Glenn I know is desperate to do this event .....so desperate he tries to marshall all of scotland! ;D
Next time!!

Spitfire2500 wrote:

OK, so that is next weekend sorted, what you going to do for the other 103??

:-)

mikew wrote:

So from this we can assume that Del33 won't be finished in 2 years time  ;D ;D ;D

Oh yes it will!!!   But, Bradley really wants to do it in his, so fine.

Which means 2016 for the V8 Estate, by which time I will have scratched it at least once, and be less paniced about doing the RBRR in it!

thescrapman wrote:
Rent myself out as a pay driver.

what after all the grief you gave me when I first suggested that's what i might do for 2012?   :X

thescrapman wrote:

Or perhaps try to find a car that has never taken part before and do something stupid like entering it....

I could always drop Daisy around for you to prepare  :)

Replace halfshafts and rear brakes.
Remove temporary plumbing and repair inlet manifold.
Convince Wife to let me go a third time. (It was her birthday on Monday and I was good for nothing, no different to any other day)
Probably find a new co-driver, don't think previous one will be willing to go a third time (although he wants to take his 500bhp volvo 740 up to do the Skiach to JOG loop).

Might be tempeted to take a break from RBRR and try 10CR instead. Who am I kidding might just expand to do the 10CR aswell!

MikeyB wrote:
what after all the grief you gave me when I first suggested that's what i might do for 2012?   :X

I stand to be corrected, but I beleive your exact words were "I am never ever going to do the event ever again, it has just been too much grief and hassle... :-)

And you have been proved true about the grief, only another 20-odd years to go..  ;)

MikeyB wrote:
I could always drop Daisy around for you to prepare  :)

Careful checking of the records show that I actually did more preparation for taking Daisy in 2010 that you did, I sourced and collected the replacement gearbox... You did bugger all :-)

Anyway, you haven't been reading what I wrote the same as Mr Radders, a MODEL that has not taken part before.

So I am on the look out for a Roadster..

And YOU'RE going in the Dickie seat for being such a miserable bugger... :P

Cheers

Colin

If the 'all ladies team' centred around Amanda's estate does happen looks like I will have two cars to prepare, hers and mine and Dad's. Not too much to do to the estate (just efi it), but the RBRR is slightly different to a couple of trackdays for the pi.

Colin.