cook1e wrote:
Another important bit of prep work for the RBRR completed, I've agreed with the ex Missus that she'll have the Kids for the weekend.....

Without this I'd have to take an 11 and 13 year old along on the run!

My son (who was 11 at the time) came with Dad and I on our first RBRR in 2010. He has the tankard to prove it too.

Not sure which car to take tbh, or whether both cars will be needed.
The estate will need some arch repairs before hand as it has run out of MOT and I don't want to re-MOT until the arches/wings and valances have been done.
The pi really wants an engine freshen up as it would need a fair amount of oil for 2000+ miles in a long weekend.

Colin

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRAJ wrote:

The pi really wants an engine freshen up as it would need a fair amount of oil for 2000+ miles in a long weekend.

Colin

Nah, compared to my 2010 effort with oil consumption, you're only playing at it!!

My list of "things to do" is short and simple.

1) Finish the estate
2) take out 2nd mortgage for the fuel bill
;D ;D ;D

AlanChatterton wrote:

Nah, compared to my 2010 effort with oil consumption, you're only playing at it!!

Our oil comsumption in 1990 was measured in gallons, but not quite double figure gallons. How many did you get through Alan.

Couldn't afford to do that now!

And the cost of the oil would be a good contribution to getting the engine fixed before we went.

Have either of you considered saving all the oil from the changes on the other cars for the next 11 months and just feed it to the old smkoers?

Cheers

Colin

Two gallons came from my house and met you via Amanda at Blyton as I remember.
One gallon was out of the estate, the other I think was used diesel oil out of the 206 :B
I got a lot of it back though on the screen and front of the estate during the weekend.

Colin.

Chris, Jeep? Not a Triumph! Want to be the co-driver?  (No Top or Heater)

If you want to drive it again that bad, you got to come back over.  Hurry before Debbie sells the Harley and the Model A's.  She will be happy to sell you the Vette!  Hummmm, do the RBRR in that!

Carl and Clive: This goes for you also.

After preparing OLaF my Tahiti Blue 2500 Saloon for the 2012 RBRR and the 2013 10 CR I am having a rest for 2014 and riding shotgun with Ashley Mills either in the Bucket, that goddam acclaim or one of his other Triumphs (providing we get in that is)... I am as ever looking forward to the event which will be No 6 for me!
Darren

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted a new indicator stalk after my one went all floppy. (The stalk that is!)  (Ex Scrapman bodge!)  :)

Need to look at the damn exhaust which has decided to knock on the floor again!

Find out where that bloody incurable vibration is coming from at........erm....... a certain speed.  :)

391 wrote:

Need to look at the damn exhaust which has decided to knock on the floor again!

Find out where that bloody incurable vibration is coming from at........erm....... a certain speed.  :)

Looks like I'll be helping with the above as well then.
I'll also be doing the "calm down" and "put that down,don't throw it" speech again.  ;D

1344 wrote:

Looks like I'll be helping with the above as well then.
I'll also be doing the "calm down" and "put that down,don't throw it" speech again.  ;D

And I'll probably be doing the 'You knew we were going to be in Scotland first thing in the morning in October! You should have brought a coat!' speech again.  :)

We have to finish the extension on the side of the house. Downstairs is the garage and I expect Amanda will want upstairs finished too. I also need to get the new soakaway at the front finished as the foot wide trench next to the drive is currently stopping both Triumphs (currently under covers on the garden) reaching the road let alone doing the RBRR :(

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im new to club triumph and the rbrr, got my 2000 i've owned for 7 years, finally have an excuse (and a garage) to get on with the ever growing list of jobs!
Brakes front and rear, rear suspension overhaul, diff reseal, front suspension ball joints, heater, front inner arches. im sure theres more, just got to find the time to do it now!