• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from TedTaylor

My 'black' Alpha ones fit very nicely, have all sort of adjustment, and are very comfortable.  Gordon needed a close to the wheel position and I needed to be as far back as possible which these seats coped with fine.

Mind you my seats do not have the annoying logo which is nice.

MUT

My co-driver Enzo says embrace your inner Italian! You know it'll go with the MUT image

My Sprint did her 1st RBRR without a hitch, showing a grand total of nearly 169000 on the clock at the finish. It was certainly fun, especially the run from Gledrid on the A5/A483 which I know quite well. I took advice about regular use earlier this year & made a comprehensive prep list. Only used 300 quid's worth of fuel, whereas I'd allowed for 400 quid at approx 30mpg! She did her 1st RBRR better than we did, coming home last & totally driver fatigued!

Quoted from Alex
Ok Roger,more info required.....
Manual?
Rover ?

Looks very nice!

Maybe not as nice as it looks though.

Stag V8 with ZF 4 speed auto. Monarch Holley conversion, Monarch (i think) tubular manifolds, chris witor lowering springs, Rays lightweight wheels, and bucket loads of new bits. Drives quite nice, though like any car, there is plenty still left to do. Not least the gearbox which doesn't work for 10 mins after a cold start!

Looks good, I do like white for a Stag even though mine's pimento. I've heard good things about the ZF conversion, supposedly much better than a BW. Autos are a mystery to me - but is it too much to hope that the laziness could be caused by something simple like low ATF level.

Richard

Quoted from richard w
Looks good, I do like white for a Stag even though mine's pimento. I've heard good things about the ZF conversion, supposedly much better than a BW. Autos are a mystery to me - but is it too much to hope that the laziness could be caused by something simple like low ATF level.

Richard

My 2000 estate has a BW65. This is WAY better. Sadly its not oil related. The previous owner has had a good go of checking the obvious. Once its working, its just fine. Car came with a spare and i have 2 more, so am sure it will get sorted out when i can spend some time on it.

Quoted from timbancroft61
Roger,

Looks similar to a car that was shown on this forum in the Stag section, had those wheels on it etc etc.

Great that you have another Triumph, good stuff.

Tim, it almost certainly will be the same car. Great i have another. Not so great that its even more stuff for me to do. On the upside, it drives, which is more than can be said for the others!

And i cant think of a better car to do the 10 countries in.

Talk about luck, took the Stag out yesterday on its nice new shiny wheels when 5 miles up the road the Alternator light came on. Phew - good job it happened now and not on the RBRR, drove home, opened the bonnet to find the alternator bracket (relocated Tony Hart Version) bolt had sheared and it was resting on the exhaust manifold complete with melted wiring! The bolt has sheared off in the head so not an easy fix.

Lucky that it didn't happen on the RBRR as it would have been impossible to fix as it looks like its a rad out job to extract the broken bolt.  The immediate solution will be to put the alternator back in the original location on the lower right side of the engine but need to source the bracket first

• 3 months later...

HI everyone, being inspired by your tales of what seems to be a fantastic event i just have a chassis up restoration on a 13/60 Cabrio to complete, just about got it stripped down need to start putting metal where there are holes etc good news is its got a sweet engine an FH from a spitfire with twin 1" 1/4 so should motor along nicely if i can get it back in one peice lol. Thanks to the guys and gals at the Bristol meet (including TR register, 2000/2500 club etc) who identified plastic bags of assorted new bolts and nuts that came with the project car i bought. 2016 should give me enough time i am sure

• 1 month later...

Quoted from Sheepy
Choose which car next!

Quoted from ferny
Get that spitfire sorted!

Yep, that's pretty much my plan
Toby has been hoping to get a chance at RBR every run since 2002 (the GT6's second). Last year was the first time it looked like there was any hope (but turned out to be the GT6's third). Next year it's got to be Toby's turn.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just to let anyone interested to know that the 2016 RBRR, the 50th Anniversary event will be held over the weekend of 7th to 9th October.

Eagerbeaver,

Why sell the TR6, the RBRR is not a mega costly event to undertake. £200ish to enter, £400 in fuel, £100 on odds and sods. Look forward to seeing you on the RBRR in either the GT6 or the TR6.