Raider

Anyone given thoughts to what hotel they might be using?

Our team will be going over the night ebfore the start and should arrive in the Lille area around 18.30 French time.

Haven't started looking for a hotel yet but I imagine we'll choose somewhere cheap outside of Lille itself

Quoted from yorkshire_spam
Not much help, but I think Andie and I will probably stay near Ypres, we'll go over on the overnight ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge spend the day in Belgium and see the Menin Gate ceremony.

That sounds like a good idea Sam. I have always wanted to see the ceremony but never made it yet. So maybe we will join you at your hotel

Quoted from Beans
We (team 57) will probably stay just across the border in Belgium, better beer and people we can understand  

Second that about the beer!

There is a B&B just down our street, (will have to check how many rooms they have) then we can have a BBQ and some beers/laughs the night before (plus any last minute car checks!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know where people are starting to book hotels, other than in the Lille area for the Tuesday night ready for the Wednesday start, In Ellis's test email of 12th January he said "I’ll be sending a further mail later / tomorrow with details so far of ferry deals and suggested locations for hotel stops"
I have seen nothing further yet, we need to be patient.

Tim

Quoted from heraldhabitat
arrive early and visit the louwman car museum in the Hague

You wouldn't ever regret that visit. I was there last year, went in at opening time, forgot lunch and they kicked me out at closing.
If you arrive in a car more than 40 years old, you get special parking at the main entrance.

Richard

Quoted from Tim Hunt
You say all hotels booked Chris. Do you know something we don't, i.e. roughly where we are going to staying on the Thursday night or are you planning to do an all nighter through the Alps?

Tim

Ah should have said all known hotels booked, not privy to insider information, most certainly no overnighting here!