10CR 2017 - Entry Opens

Ellis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Bobbyspit
how many entrants don;t do internet? I see that reserve list growing very fast indeed and with no room at the in no chance to increase the list.

Quite right, but for those on the reserve list: there will be teams dropping out before the no-refund-deadline  

Quoted from Nick Jones
Blimey...... you had to move fast didn't you 😲.  I saw Ellis' post 10 minutes after it went up and the form was in the 'box within the hour.  Postman didn't collect until 4.30 though.  I blame the postman.  Essex postmen are clearly much faster, especially around Latchingdon 🙂

Nick

Personal visit - that's dedication for you.

• 1 month later...

I was talking about this with Carmel at the weekend, it's the first time I've been in the reserve list and I feel a bit in limbo, especially as people are starting to book hotels up.

So we've both decided to take the time off work, then if we don't get in, we can book ourselves another break somewhere. But as some point, I'm going to have to make a decision on whether or not it's likely that we'll get a place on the 10CR.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Team 68 off the starting blocks - awoke the Stag from its winter slumber last Sunday, pleased to say it fired up on the button!  Once out of the garage, it became apparent that a significant quantity of gearbox oil had made its way onto the garage floor and a drive around the block reminded me of all the knocks and clonks in the steering and drivetrain. A quick wash and polish soon had the car looking presentable again and an 80 mile work trip went without problems, so happy days!

BUT, shall I choose the easy option of the Stag again this year, or shall I dig out something else.  My co-driver was unconvinced - we'll see!

Quoted from thescrapman
Hit post  too early..

You struck problems? can't be the car, that was running a treat.

Would a sickie from work sort the problem??

Nope, sadly not Colin - car's mostly okay, and holiday from work isn't a problem for me... but sometimes family comes first. Maybe next time... if we're still able to do it easily when we're not in the EU...

Quoted from mole42
There hasn't been an update to the entry list for quite a while. Have there not been any retirements yet?

Richard

Believe it or not, Jon's withdrawal is the first we've had. I'll be posting an up to date list soon, but only really that one change at the moment.

Quoted from Ellis Stokes

Believe it or not, Jon's withdrawal is the first we've had. I'll be posting an up to date list soon, but only really that one change at the moment.

Although team 49 is now a 2 man team in a TR7 instead of a 3 man crew in a  2000