Raider

;) Hi - I have sent a short report to James Elliot of Classic and Sports Car magazine who was well pleased with it and promises to give us some coverage.
I have also submitted the event for an award with them of Club Award for the Best
Club Run/Rally of the Year!

A general press release is under way which I intend will be going to the national and classic car press soon. This will also be available, I hope, for local Club Triumph areas to use in their local press and add on at the end where they meet.

Along with other stuff from "snapshot" Graham and "NGK" Andy there should be quite a bit of publicity very soon. Oh, and Jason of Team Stretch managed to get us into the Daily Telegraph - see http://motoring.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/09/05/emnu06.xml 8)

• 3 weeks later...

;) Just come off the phone from Classic Car Weekly and there should be an article on the 10CR on 17th or, possibly the following week. It will be based on the "official Club Triumph" press release + quotes from myself - pictures courtesy of the press release (Mark Irwing's) and Graham's.

I have said that we will be running the event again in the years that the RBR doesn't run - ie RBR in 2004, 10CR in 2005. I have also said that information is available on the Club Triumph website (with a link to the superb Dean Martin site) and that there is a whole section on the 10CR on the new Club Triumph forum!

I think I have done as much as possible to inform the classic car world that the event was great and given as much publicity as possible to Club Triumph. 8) 8)

;D Just sent an e-mail to Classic and Sportscar clarifying who is who and where etc on some photos.
We should be in their December edition with a small article and some photos - can't promise but the photos are of the Sloan's in Nice, Graham, Sam and Andy at the top of Col de la Bonnette and the group at Steenvoorde (Dean and I fetured!).
8) 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:
Hi - I have sent a short report to James Elliot of Classic and Sports Car magazine who was well pleased with it and promises to give us some coverage.
I have also submitted the event for an award with them of Club Award for the Best
Club Run/Rally of the Year!

Well that all paid off anyway - have you seen December's Classic and Sportscar? ??) 

If you check out page 147 you will find a decent report with photos of the Sloan TR4, Graham Reeks and co and also the famous stretch Herald.

We also won the award so not bad at all. ;)

Top banana!

With publicity like this i reckon that Tim's going to have his work cut out for RBRR
;D There'll be 150 entries!

Classic Car Weekly kindly sent me a back issue with the 10CR report in it. In fact it's a good way of getting free magazines so i might have to try it more often.
"Hallo is that Playboy? I sent a picture of my wife in last month but neglected to purchase a copy ... could you please send me one" :-/

Right ... if i remember to remind myself I'll bring it in and p/copy it and send it on. Otherwise you could try contacting the magazine. I e-mailed Matt Skelton and he sent it straight to me - i'm sure he'd do the same for you. E-mail me if you want his address.  :)

Archived