Calling 10CR Veterans - your presence is required!

Greeks

Well it seems there are enough interested in meeting up to discuss the run to agree that we shall meet on the 26th October.
I've been given assurance by a colleague that the Neville Arms in Medbourne is great.

It's between Market Harbrough (Leics.) and Uppingham (Rutland) on the B664. Apparently there's a river in the garden, good food, excellent beer, and the address is 12 The Waterfalls ... which quite frankly intrigues me. The following site has a picture of the pub on it ... there's a car park all right!

http://www.cix.co.uk/~ropewalk/logs/Romney/Romney.html#Saturday_11th_May_2002

It's a few miles from Rutland, which in case you don't know is the smallest 'County' in the country, home to Rutland Water and some 'olde' English countryside. It might make sense for us to take a cruise round the locality (if October remains bright) so i'll do a little map investigation, and plan a short route for those that have time.

I'll get in touch with the pub this weekend and ask them if it's possible for us to use their TV & video, perhaps, then we can watch a bit of Randle TV!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=Greeks link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1063957471,s=7 date=1064310730]Night draws in at Steenvorde and a strange tiny-bearded crooner is bundled into the back of a 'Honda' (only kidding Caroline) and carted round europe by some unstable English people![/quote]

Graham - http://www.skoda-owners-club.co.uk/ !

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
I'll get in touch with the pub this weekend and ask them if it's possible for us to use their TV & video, perhaps, then we can watch a bit of Randle TV!

Graham - well, did you? I presume the reunion is still on?

The video should go down well - will anyone else be bringing some video for us to watch? ??)

Oh, sorry.

Reunion, what reunion's this? ;D Only kidding!

Spoke to the landlady. On the good side they have lots of room, and don't take bookings, so i'm told we'll be fine to just turn up. However they don't have video facilities for us.

I explained that she'd be breaking the heart of a young man ... meaning you. She said you wouldn't be the first, or the last.

Sam has also got lots of video footage, but he said that he doesn't have the capabilities to record it (technophobe?)

Anyone got any slides :P

??) Graham, if they don't have a video are they OK with me bringing a 1983 Mitsubishi TV (that has survived several housemoves and being dropped ina street in Stevenage by a removals company) along with an old VCR  to play the videos on?  ??)

Regarding Sams's footage - if he brings the camera along with any leads he has maybe we are technically capable enought to get a result! ;)

We have a set of stills from a digital camera, that showed nicely on the TV at the last local meeting. However, given that we cannot guarantee our presence, we will need a plan to provide you with the photos for showing. Any ideas?

CAroline

No idea about how to pick up digital stills.

Sam said he doesn't have the leads!!!!! I'm gonna have to give him a shove methinks.

Martin the Norse Raider - bring your TV and Video, i guess. I'll call the pub again and ask if we could use a room to set up some dodgy Japanese electrical equipment that's been kicked up and down Hertfordshire and wrestled by removeal men.

Unless of course someone's got a Range Rover and we could take it in turns to sit in the back seat and watch on the fancy headrest screens!

:D

I showed the digital stills from the camera using a lead directly into the telly. But given that we may not be able to make the meeting, I figured if possible, it's logical to give the pictures to someone else who is. HOWEVER, I am not relinquishing my camera or lead for this process! Does who is definitely going anyone have a laptop if I send someone a CD with them on?

Caroline

:) yes, I have a laptop although, of course, I couldn't possibly use it for purposes other than worK!

Not sure how to show it on a TV but I do have a spare PC monitor ::)

Anyway, if no other better offer turns up perhaps you could mail me a CD Rom and we can use my laptop. :)

[quote by=Greeks link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1063957471,s=18 date=1065594159]maybe you could set up a car boot sale in the car park as well, Martin, and sell off all your electrical equipment ... you haven't got a spare dishwasher have you?[/quote]

:DHi Graham, I'm having a new fitted kitchen soon and i've told Berkeley he can plumb the old dishwasher in the garage if he wants to clean his bits for the car. He's also having the old fridge to keep his beer in too.
I've got to keep him sweet so he keeps MY WHITE TORNADO in good working order ;)

;)Tim, good point.

If they are on e-mail and took part they will have received notification from me.

I will send another reminder, probably this weekend. I will also ring those not on e-mail - after that there's not much more we can do. :)

;D  Ok - I decided to stop fannying about and get on with it.

I have sent an e-mail out (as many of you will know by now) and have rung Doug Foreman and Doug Crutchfield who both said "see you there". 

We hadn't mentioned a time but I said any time from 12 on (Mrs Raider and I will be having our lunch there so I hope it's as good a pub as your friend says Graham). ;)

Archived