Calling 10CR Veterans - your presence is required!

Greeks

Great stuff Tim/Martin. It is supposed to be good for food - and it should provide excellent hangover cures for those who've come via Lincs. the night before. I'd spoken to Doug and Don already, and i thought Martin had already sent an e-mail out to those not on the forum. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out and a spot of "Triumph" weather, too! 8)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Graham/Matin/Andy P

I'll see Keith B tonight and I will e-mail Dave P @ Canleys.

Andy P,
Do you want to meet up and travel in convoy also with Ellis (Potters Bar) Don Cook(Essex), Tim Hunt(Stanmore) and Keith B(Waltham X). Say meet at South Mimms Services M25.

Also why not let members who did'nt do the run come along as they could get a flavour for the run and therefore entice them along next time!

Cheers
Tim B

Don Cook has had to drop out! Shocking i know. He claims to be organising a rescheduled county Fencing event or something, (although from his part of the world it's more likely that he is a fence!). Perhaps he's having car problems and won't admit it?  ;D

Can't see why the reunion shouldn't be 'open'. Perhaps we could start an informal Sunday event, whereby every 3 months or something a secret location is revealed on Friday afternoon, and as many as possible try and make it for sunday lunch?  :X :D

[quote by=ajp25tc link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1063957471,s=29 date=1066050585]a bit like the cannon ball run! it could be the "roast beef" run![/quote]

This is a fantastic idea! Roast Beef - Mmmmmm.
If we don't know who's doing the run, how do we determine who gets there last?!

CAroline

Not too sure but would guess it wouldnt do the points much good,the sports coil you are using do you know if it  is meant to be used with a shunt resistor or not? (check its resistance) next to a standard one
make sure the condenser is in tip top condition,making the plug gap bigger? whats your theroy there? surley thats making everything work harder? and wear quicker,are HT leads new?

Ballast resistor was ditched when i got the 12v coil, so that's no problem. Condensor was changed when i changed points to try and remedy the lumpiness about 2k miles ago. Leads are only a year old, and all seem fine. Gaps on the plugs are slghtly increased from 25 to 28 thou. as i was informed that this was the standard way to get the best of a fatter spark.

:'(It looks like the 1983 Mitsubishi might be allowed to rest, I'm afraid Mr. Raider. The landlord of the Nevill Arms ummed and errred but then said there wouldn't be enough spare room for a bunch of grease monkeys to watch images of a man in speedos dance around in the South of France :'(
Is there any way you could do some copies? :-/

Sure I can do some copies Graham. I just need to know how many and if people bring a spare tape I'll do em a swap.

It's a real shame though that we can't have a film show! 

I presume the landlord knows he is disappointing 30+ people and that his pub might have been the venue for a quarterly meet?

It's your call Graham on this one I think, and it's a bit late to change the venue but it's a shame we couldn't give our patronage to a local area's watering hole. I know there's an East Midland area or Coventry area - do you think it's worth trying to change the venue? :-/

2 things:
1.Are we still meeting at medbourne, or has the venue changed?
2.I will not be able to meet anyone to convoy drive up to Medbourne on Sunday as I have to go too work on Sunday morn. at a site in Ashby Parve, near to Lutterworth, so will travel over to meet everyone.

Cheers
Tim B

OK Tim....

Must admit, I'm debating what to take - I started the TR7 yesterday and there was a bit more noise coming from the top end than I really would have liked to hear. I'm going to run it down to the Plough tonight and see what it's like, but if all else fails it will be the Golf I'm afraid.

E.

I think it best that we leave the venue as it is, personally, as it's been enough hassle already!!!

I'll certainly bring along a blank tape, so you can put me down for one!

Have you heard anything from Paul Derbyshire? I've got the t-shirts he wanted but haven't heard if he's there or not!

No pattering of little feet yet, and very tedious waiting, so chances are Barry will be at the reunion - with his mobile on and plenty of spare fuel in the tank!! If he doesn't turn up, you konw why!

I will send him with a blank video tape Martin if you can do us a copy. I have been given some software to read a video onto a CD or DVD, but have yet to try and work out how to do this. Maybe I will in time for the December P&P local area meeting.

CAroline

Archived