Raider

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1071909274,s=20 date=1074006874]Is the Flexney man coming along to the meeting.[/quote]

I recently received a request to join the 10CR2005 mailing list from them. i've asked if they'll be there, but they haven't replied yet. 

[quote by=v8dean link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1071909274,s=26 date=1075832459]
Well thats alright, as i wasn't fishing.
This is the sort of biting you were talking about, isn't it Mr R?[/quote]

No Dean, this time it was Mr Bancroft that was being provocative (ooh-err) as you can see from this quote.

Quote:
Good to have more GT6's than those pesky TR7's.

[quote by=doug_foreman link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1071909274,s=21 date=1075752084]Doug and Colin will be coming;. hopefully in gt6(if not in for respray} so there will still be more gt6's than tr7's.[/quote]

:)Hi Doug nice to see that you've joined the Forum ;DJust remind Colin to bring the right pics to the reunion :D  (White Tornado)
P.S. See you soon

Just come off the phone from a guy called Nicholas Hall at the neville Arms.

No problem for us to meet up again (wouldn't have thought there would be!).

I have advised him there'l be approximately 25 people aiming to eat at about 1PM.

See you there - and bring some Kingsmill vouchers for me! ::) ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Got here at last. I hope to come to th reunion, is it still the 7 March?

Not a day passes when I don't take a minute or two and think back to the trip.

Next time: over the top at Gap, dive in the Med, pre book hotel (well pre book everthing really!), even more beer on Sat night, working wipers, overdrive, rebuilt gearbox...

See you all soon.

Don

Yeah, yeah, GT6, 6 cylinder, great engine, great noise blah blah blah! ::) ::)

Notice you haven't taken me up on my offer to drive my TR7 on the RBRR tho - afraid of unleashing the awsome power and then being dissappointed with your GT6 tim? ;D ;D

BTW - did you hear the grenade being lobbed in. ??) ??)

I am ducking for cover as I type. :o :o

• 2 weeks later...

We'll probably be hiding out the back. Did you get any video footage amongst your other fancy gadgets? If so Mr Raider might well have his video and wooden Mitsubishi in the back of his 'not Triumph' so we can watch it!

Seeing that you're all going, i suppose that i could attempt a "suprise" visit.
The "suprise" will be when my wife reads the note i leave for her early on sunday morning, saying that i wont be able to make her mothers birthday party :'(

Please note i'll be arriving in a non-Triumph :-/

Don't feel bad, I'll be in a non-Triumph - it's about as non-Triumph as you can get, Japanese and diesel but it's only 2 days old so I'm still figuring out what all the buttons do! Yes it's another Toyota Avensis - the car Top Gear described as "hateful" but you know, I kinda like it for a souless piece of company metal

I'm afraid I will be in something German.... VW or Audi....  :'(

Still, looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully some new faces as well. Remember ALL are welcome. Starting around 12 noon on Sunday.

The Nevill Arms
12 Waterfall Way
Medbourne
Market Harborough
LE168EE

Done all the jobs on the GT6 ready for sunday,wheel cylinders ,brake shoes ,rear radius arm body mount,even got the hanbrake to work properly after five years.Also fixed pipe on inlet manifold.Took it up the road for a test drive ,runs like a pig,. LOoked at the timing ,which was way out ,re-adjusted,reved the engine, timing out again.Bearing in mind that the car was running fine before. Could it be something to do with a poor seal between carbs and manifold ,where i disconected them to work on manfold? 

Archived