royboy66 wrote:
Erm,
Wed night Calais
Thurs night - driving
Fri night - Cherasco
Sat night-Singen
Sun night- Rolduc

I did not realise how soft Club Triumph had become.

The 2003 10CR was:
Friday -  after lunch drive overnight to Nice
Saturday hotel in Nice
Sunday – a swim in The Med. drive overnight to Plough for lunch on Monday

If we continue like this people will not be able to tell us apart from the TR Register or the MGB club

AndyF

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AndyF wrote:

The 2003 10CR was:
Saturday hotel in Nice

If we continue like this people will not be able to tell us apart from the TR Register or the MGB club

AndyF

You don't have to stay overnight in Calais ;)

AndyF wrote:

The 2003 10CR was:
Saturday hotel in Nice

AndyF

I thought the Saturday stop was one too many last time, makes it a bit too soft, also loose 18hours when you could be enjoying the driving.

I have heard rumour of a much softer 10CR type event for Triumphs being planned, but nothing official yet. 7 nights in hotels, that sort of thing.

Cheers

Colin

AndyF wrote:

The 2003 10CR was:
Saturday hotel in Nice

AndyF

My thinking entirely, bunch of limp wristers!

Having nursed a 18 foot long Herald around Europe on the first 10CR the latest offering sounds like a Girl Guide camping trip.

Slimboyfat wrote:

My thinking entirely, bunch of limp wristers!

Having nursed a 18 foot long Herald around Europe on the first 10CR the latest offering sounds like a Girl Guide camping trip.

Pampered !

I remember in 1972, me and my mate drove non stop from Yorkshire to the top of St gotthard pass, had a few hours kip and then drove continuous to Marina di Cecina ,Italy,south of Livorno.......................and then from Livorno back to Calais non stop!.(in a Fiat 850!!)
Not a motorway to be seen............only to Dover
The trouble now is, too many regulation and cops about .....who are looking for such people as us.
(Pity they havn`t had the cut backs the UK forces have)

michael_charlton wrote:

Pampered !

I remember in 1972, me and my mate drove non stop from Yorkshire to the top of St gotthard pass, had a few hours kip and then drove continuous to Marina di Cecina ,Italy,south of Livorno.......................and then from Livorno back to Calais non stop!.(in a Fiat 850!!)
Not a motorway to be seen............only to Dover
The trouble now is, too many regulation and cops about .....who are looking for such people as us.
(Pity they havn`t had the cut backs the UK forces have)

Luxury! We lived in a ditch...........

2948 wrote:
Four more cars booked in at Hotel Kyriad, Calais Wed 4th and Holiday Inn Singen Sat 7th  8)

Me+Ian (13081), Chris+Nigel (13073), Vinnie+Carol (13054), Toby+Matt (13070)

Now thats confusing............we booked a number of rooms ...then I rang and asked how many rooms they had left and as at 4 weeks ago they had no twins, 12 doubles and two singles left
There were no twins so had to book six singles for additional team cars
.....and there have been a few who have booked since........
  (think)

AndyF wrote:

The 2003 10CR was:
Saturday hotel in Nice

AndyF

I Need to stop often to Wring out my Blouse !  :P

Slimboyfat wrote:

I seem to recall the poor old girl suffered some less that sympathetic driving - and yes it was usually my unsympathetic driving - I've never handled anything so big (ooo err Missus).

We did leave a little bit of stretch all over Europe - on every speed bump and the apex of every hairpin!

Happy days!!

Jason, I seem to recall you dove a truck like mine dragging a house behind you.   OK it did bend in the middle.  By the way I have seen the stretch (just last October) and over here it's not all that BIG!  I did notice a RED "Kojack" police light inside, maby you should have used it!

Shame the wife saw it the fist time I did a few years ago, or, it just might be in my garage.

• 1 month later...

7163 wrote:
Premiere Classe Calais Centre-Gare
Free ParkingAccommodation Type: Small Hotel  
A hotel with a more intimate atmosphere than a larger hotel, offering fewer rooms, staff members and/or services; all rooms have private bathroom facilities.

Okay that was scary but you STILL get a round!

We are booked in here too.  I did try the Kyriad but they said they had a load of rough sounding types already packing the place out, so we thought we'd go upmarket at the Premiere Classe Calais Centre-Gare.

We only paid £41 which was very good, but looking closer at where it is, I'm now wondering if that's for the full night, or just the hourly rate? Maybe the "intimate atmosphere" and "services" you mention above might be a bit more intimate than we have bargained for?

sparky_spit wrote:

We are booked in here too.  I did try the Kyriad but they said they had a load of rough sounding types already packing the place out, so we thought we'd go upmarket at the Premiere Classe Calais Centre-Gare.

We only paid £41 which was very good, but looking closer at where it is, I'm now wondering if that's for the full night, or just the hourly rate? Maybe the "intimate atmosphere" and "services" you mention above might be a bit more intimate than we have bargained for?

Don`t knock on the door with the pink number `69`..... ;)