10CR '13 Who's got what left to do ?

Beans

ok GT6 back on the road with original gearbox and a nice new MOT! Passed with no problems. Need to sort out the brakes ** and refit the gearbox tunnel and pasenger seat. Might end up going to Enfield in Libbys Focus... :(

** brakes: brake stop but have new shoes in the rear and pedal has a lot movement, should improve as the shoes bed in, but they do make a very strange squelling noise once they are warm??

Mike

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedo drive seals replaced this week and, fingers crossed, seems to have done the job.

To make the order for £4 worth of rubber worthwhile, also gave the TR a treat and bought some new dash knobs, and replaced the airflow direction cable.

On Saturday I will be assisting team 58 in picking up their vehicle for the run, which has only just been purchased.  The drive back from Kent to Suffolk should be a good first test.   ??)

Promise to sort the spares list this week!

Tried to change the fuel sender last weekend, only to find out that after 450 kilometres there was still to much fuel left in the tank.
Now have an appointment at last to have the (font) suspension's alignment checked tomorrow.

And hopefully afterwards I'll b able to change the fuel sender without spilling to much fuel, or I run out of fuel on the way home from the tyre shop  :-/

Decide to change the rear spring on my Vitesse for the new courier one i have in the garage as it rides too low on the TT one that`s on there.

Took the 1 inch lowering block off my Herald and fitted a 1/2 inch one instead so i can use the 1 inch on the Vitesse. Just need two more long studs.
S

Well, as it happened I sold my 10CR car this weekend...  :X  Mixed feelings as the car was getting better and better and pretty much ready for the run. Unfortunately it has to go as I can't keep them all.

Good news is that a friend has offered to borrow his TR4 for the event. The car has recently been rebuilt and a fresh MOT, only not been driven much since. So there's quite a challenge! So all we need now is lots of sunshine and a bit of luck.

Fitted the new courier spring today,now the car sits too high,i`m going to leave it for now as i am doing wedding duties on Friday and it will be 4 up,lowering block to be fitted next week.

Also got the Tom Tom i won on e bay through the post,Europe maps and itinerary planning for £55.

And my Swiss Vignette arrived today.
S