• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sent it to everyone at once so many mail servers will have flagged it as spam.

Look in your junk email folder, though most ISP's kill it at source so you never get to see it.

Mine lets me turn teh filters off (against their better judgement according to the warnings i get) and so I do hopefully get most emails.

Cheers

Colin

to be fair I think the original email from Mile was asking 2013 participants what they thought had worked and did not work this year so there was little point in sending it to non participants.

That email got slightly out of hand and Mike asked for the discussion to be moved to the forum where everyone can join in. The result is this thread.

So if you have ideas how you would like to see the 10CR develop you can have your say here. It does NOT mean they will be adopted and the final decision will always be that of the organiser. If you are not happy with that you are free to look at organising something yourself
  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

AndyF

I want to drive a route something like the one shown on the attached map (courtesy of Google maps). Using the Harwich - Esjbjerg ferry it would take considerably longer than a 10CR and with the three ferries it would cost more as well but it would be a wonderful adventure on totally new roads.

Perhaps we could get a small group together - like the very first 10CR - and have a trial run?

Cheers

Howard

Howard wrote:
I want to drive a route something like the one shown on the attached map (courtesy of Google maps). Using the Harwich - Esjbjerg ferry it would take considerably longer than a 10CR and with the three ferries it would cost more as well but it would be a wonderful adventure on totally new roads.

Perhaps we could get a small group together - like the very first 10CR - and have a trial run?

Cheers

Howard

Before I got rid of the 110 I was planning to do a very similar route in a Land Rover!

thescrapman wrote:

You wouldn't be allowed!

Chaucescu Highway anyone???

No way - I have driven in some of the craziest places in the world without a car - Cairo & Manila to name two - and the only one that left me fearing for my life on a minute by minute basis was Romania....

Cheers

Howard

I've always thought it would be nice to do a return to Spain, I know last time getting into Andorra was a pain at the weekend, but if we spent a bit more time in Spain, perhaps hitting Andorra later would be easier, or reverse the route a bit, or do less than 10 Countries?

failing that how about going a bit further south into Italy and Croatia and back up through Slovenia, and Austria forgetting Litchenstein and Swizzleland?

Wherever we go, I would prefer to keep it to no more than 4 days.  Longer than that creates certain family/work issues for both of Team 3, and also makes it more expensive.  Personally, we would like to keep costs down rather than increase them to cater for Scandinavian ferries and more hotel stops.

Like SteveJP I liked northern Spain and Andorra and the trip across the Massif Central/Ardeche to Valence/Grenoble/Alps was brilliant. Western France/Brittany has some great roads - why not do something similar to 2009 but in the reverse direction?

sparky_spit wrote:
Wherever we go, I would prefer to keep it to no more than 4 days.  Longer than that creates certain family/work issues for both of Team 3, and also makes it more expensive.  Personally, we would like to keep costs down rather than increase them to cater for Scandinavian ferries and more hotel stops.

Like SteveJP I liked northern Spain and Andorra and the trip across the Massif Central/Ardeche to Valence/Grenoble/Alps was brilliant. Western France/Brittany has some great roads - why not do something similar to 2009 but in the reverse direction?

I also have unfinished business with this route, broke down near Grenoble in 2009! 8)

Perhaps it is time for a change of name??

The HCR wasn't always the HCR, and it has less to do with Historic counties now even though it is still called the HCR.

Perhaps it needs to become the CTER (CT European Raid) or the CTQPOTTCAVAFCBNNAMA10 Run (CT Quick Pop Over To The Continent and Visit A Few Countries But Not Necessarily As Many A 10 Run)

Just a thought.

Ferny ...haven't you left school yet?..pull a sickie ..dentist or summit

It does seem to be heading more in the tour direction ..albeit a busy tour .maybe time to evolve into summit else
.and we've all got unfinished business somewhere ...but we can always pop over and finish that business at our own convenience..did just that the other weekend