2015 10CR Entry List update

Andy Flexney

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Organising something yourself is fine but I am not sure I would want to do anything that could be construed as an event without Club and MSA back up.

I have driven my TR7 round Europe just with a Co driver as an homage to the 2003 route and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The 2015 10CR is an event though even if you don't follow the recommended route because there will be the experience of 80 crews at the start, the overnights and the finish.

As I have said on the route thread the organisers can give me the route at  the start as a that is what I would prefer but having said that whatever they plan is fine with me.

THE TEN CR, CLUB TRIUMPH AND THE OPEN FORUM

Michael has given the sound advice that if any individual has any problems relating The 10CR(or any Comps events), to contact him direct.
As the forum is open to anyone to read, and can lead to good Public Relations, its important that we make constructive and not criticising comments, to portray a Club that cares and is professional in organising events.
The most important issue is, that all activities within Club Triumph are arranged by individual or team volunteers.
These volunteers could be in full time employment and then putting their spare time to good use in organising/arranging events that benefit CT and its members.It only takes a small personal/family issue to detract a volunteers time and concentration , then CT and its members come second best.
Relating the 10CR it is still 118 days before `the off`and there are still issues on the organising front that need ironing out before any announcements can be made
`The team` are individuals working for CT and The 10CR on an independant basis and hundreds of miles apart

Andy Flexney is giving his all to ensure the route is finalised(which it is not yet) and is working on the project in his own time ,after a full day`s  work.
Then having to arrange any printing of the final instructions
Theo Boonen is working for us all in giving continental advice, arranging The Rolduc accomodation and food, which has continual changes....again in his own time
Myself ......had arranged the ferry deal with Team Coordin8.....but is still protracted, as we had advised them of around 70`ish feasible bookings
Team Coordin8 in turn advised DFDS of the same to enable a good deal for CT
You may think that this would be the end of it, but to try and appease Team Coordin8 with slow/low bookings (36) we are trying to arrange free advertising for them in other mags to offset any feasible loss of trade from CT.
Finally, Mike is coordinating the whole event along with arranging rally plates ,clothing ect amongst many other issues
Over and above that, there are other issues being addressed by the whole team (including other CT events that have to be organised), so time is very valuable

This hopefully will clarify the organisational difficulties, to CT and the viewing public, what `a team` have to contend with , along with portraying on the forum that we are organised and not a disorganised club that like to squabble

The advice that MH gives still stands

I am, in my CT role, just trying to convince viewers that they should still consider CT when deciding on which club that they should join.........surely, `the club that does`

Sit back and relax  

Clive, while your over at spa, if you have time your always welcome to pop round for a tea or beer!  ;)

As for the route, I personally like to drive with other triumphs, perhaps not in a convoy of 20 or so, but to see others from time to time, have a laugh, like on the RBRR as we shot past the slow saloons in the renown! For me it's all about enjoying the route, scenery and the camaraderie!

Is there a "dip" in the sea planned? Just wondering if I need to dust of the mankini   ;D

Please, no more mention of speedo's or mankini's  :o I have just eaten my lunch.

Shaun, how far off the route are you? we (one spit, one stag) are travelling over Thursday, back Monday. A visit may be possible, a swift cuppa......Pete, and the other 2 reprobates (who you met at stoneleigh I think) would like a nose around your projects. In fact Jon likes really old stuff, but I suspect the renown is not at your place?

Mr Shed, I know nothing at all. I shall say no more.

Clive,

It depends on what route you take! I will pm you my address so you can see where we are.
The renown is at dirks, about a km down the road, along with his other oldies.
I just have the spit, unimaginable and amphibious truck at my place!  :)

7273 wrote:
I can speak for ALL of Team Torpedo when I say that 2013 10CR was an event NOT to be missed!!!!   Disclamer: No speedos were worn creating the memories, at least none I heard of.

Nothing wrong with Speedos apart from the jealousy they  provoke but it's a burden I have come to live with  8)