Round Britain Films required

On 25/04/2021 at 09:51, Tim Hunt said:

My mistake actually. I have just rechecked and it was only the eighteenth time, water pump failure and no spare put us out in Scotland in 1978 so we didn't make Land's End that year.

Tim

Blimey Tim, that is still a 94% success rate!

9 minutes ago, Rubce said:

Blimey Tim that is still a 94% success rate!

Unfortunately Bruce my overall success rate is only 90.7% (20/22) since we had a second failure on the 1982 Run (a failed oil cooler hose). At least it has been 100% since and including 1984!

Tim

Thanks to those of you who have posted videos😃. How is the camera mounted in the videos where it looking forward from the backseat? I am wondering if I can attach my Go-Pro to the underside of the T bar in my Stag.

Regards

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

It plays for me but that's probably because it's on my personal YouTube channel.

Damn you, the copyright holders of Michael McDonald's "No Lookin' Back".

It's becoming more and more of a problem to find catchy music that most folk recognise that's not been copyrighted, not by the artists but by a faceless company.

I'll maybe re-edit it and put different music on the one section that's affected.

To be honest, it's not the best video due to a faulty camera mount, we later discovered.

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

Isn't the song from a nicely tuned Triumph engine sufficient accompaniment??

If the recording picked the sound up nicely, yes, but most don't. And if you're speeding it up to cover more miles then the original soundtrack is no good at all.

13 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

Don't understand the compulsion to add a 'musical' sound track myself. Isn't the song from a nicely tuned Triumph engine sufficient accompaniment??

Tim

Tim,

If you're editing the video and moving from one scene to another, the sound changes abruptly.

Doesn't help the viewer enjoy the video with a quiet section suddenly blasting out high volume as the scene changes.

Not everyone can sit through 10 minutes of exhaust noise.

After a few minutes, most folk would move on to another video and all your hard work in producing the video is wasted.

A bit of familiar music, especially if it's appropriate to the video can enhance the quality and keep people viewing it to the end.

Jim.

49 minutes ago, McJim said:

A bit of familiar music, especially if it's appropriate to the video can enhance the quality and keep people viewing it to the end.

Maybe, maybe not. There's quite a few such videos where I get half a minute in and decide that the content isn't sufficient to warrant being bombarded by the creator's atrocious taste in so-called music, and move on.

Usually I try to find something a bit middle of the road but also a track that's stood the test of time. 

I tend to stick to the 80's where there is a ton of decent songs that people are somewhat familiar with. 

Trawling through YouTube can produce some gems that suit your video. 

But the song must be at the right tempo for the on screen action or the speed of moving from one scene to the next. 

Editing your video to coincide with changing volume of the song or chord changes makes the final product more enjoyable to watch. 

It's further complicated if your video is longer than the track you're using. 

Fading from one track to another is okay if both tracks use the same beats to the bar but a silent pause may be necessary if the second track is faster, for example if the second half of the video is building up the tension.

It's all trial and error to see what works best. 

Worst part is when you're finished and upload it and YouTube block it for copyright. 

Been there, done that. 

Making a test video using the track you want to use and uploading it seems to be the only way nowadays to check. 

Even worse is when your video has been on YouTube for a year and then suddenly removed for copyright infringement that didn't exist when you uploaded it. 

Had that too. So frustrating. 

Jim. 

16 hours ago, RobPearce said:

Blocked for copyright, Danny

Yeah this is not added music. I had the music playing on the radio at the time of filming.  YouTube won't let me download it back from my account. It's annoying because I have no copy of it on my laptop. 

Danny

Danny,

Contact YouTube and tell them that it's playing in the background.

It's called "fair use" and your video should not have been blocked.

They do listen and respond and even unblock videos.

Check out the "fair use" videos on YouTube.

Jim.

• Like 1

Danny,

Another thing, you should still be able to see your video on your own channel.

One of mine was blocked a few months back but I can still view it on my own channel.

Download a free programme to download it onto your laptop.

I currently use Mediahuman - had it for ages but don't remember if I had to pay for it.

Works a treat.

Jim.