Triumph 1300 Restoration "And so it starts"

rappo984

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Front and rear suspension units now dropped and ready for degrease, strip, paint and rebuild. I have also just managed to obtain a NOS front inner wing to go with the NOS outer wing!! (Nearside)

Anybody got any NOS parts for a 1300 FWD, I am your man. Especially looking for offside inner wing, boot floor, sills.

Many thanks.

Have a word with lloyd Reed before you start sticking those panels on! He has sourced a supplier for very very good condition panels for the 2000 range that were previously unavailable. If these panels are hard to find (although less sought after with a smaller market for the FWD cars), he may be interested in producing panels using yours as templates to work from. It may delay your build a bit, but it will mean many others can stay on the road with new panels.

Jon, I was in discussion with Lloyd about Dolomite panels that the TDC don't make but nothing ever came of it. Outer front wings would be challenging. Incidentally, Lloyd's panels featured in the most recent edition of Practical Classics. I wonder if Danny Hopkins has bought any of Lloyds panels for his Sienna 2000 saloon.

• 3 months later...

Found it!

Having missed it completely when I last looked around, thinking it was on the racking, I moved storage units this week and it turned up at floor level buried under a Dolly door!

Not sure if you are already sorted, give us a shout if interested.

Regards

Mike

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry, I haven't been on the forum for a few months as seconded back to the Middle East for work at short notice. Now home and looking forward to carrying on with the resto. Still after Triumph 1300 FWD inner and outer sills, boot floor, rear wing offside. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave