Mk2 restoration

byakk0

1684 wrote:
Finds it so easy he can do it standing on his head.

Has it come out upside down again! Aaarrrggghhhhhh why, why, why!
I take the picture, upload it and it looks perfect on my phone or I pad. So why is it different for you all???
Can one of the mods flip it the correct way round?
:B

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Sheepy
Someone repairing the new loom! Oops! 😉

nope,
My yoga session I have to do as part of the anger management course. If you don't loose your temper with this you pass!

I have been incorporating a few fuses between the rear lights and the loom by cutting off the bullet connectors and splicing Lucars on, that way I now connect them up below the dash with a fuse box in between, I will do the same for the front Headlights and horns, but by adding in a relay also.
Plus a few more fuses where the original fusebox sits. In lieu of connecting them all up to the same spade I'll splice in a modern fusebox with a fuse for each circuit.

Just in case you are wondering what I was doing in the picture, I was splicing in new wires to replace those who melted when we tested the horns and accidentally connect both ends of the same cable to the battery. Amazing how quick they melt! Luckily i had the old loom to borrow a few feet of correctly colorized wire from.

Bah!

4058 wrote:
Someone repairing the new loom! Oops!  ;)

nope,
My yoga session I have to do as part of the anger management course. If you don't loose your temper with this you pass!

I have been incorporating a few fuses between the rear lights and the loom by cutting off the bullet connectors and splicing Lucars on, that way I now connect them up below the dash with a fuse box in between, I will do the same for the front Headlights and horns, but by adding in a relay also.
Plus a few more fuses where the original fusebox sits. In lieu of connecting them all up to the same spade I'll splice in a modern fusebox with a fuse for each circuit.

Just in case you are wondering what I was doing in the picture, I was splicing in new wires to replace those who melted when we tested the horns and accidentally connect both ends of the same cable to the battery. Amazing how quick they melt! Luckily i had the old loom to borrow a few feet of correctly colorized wire from.

Bah!