The Restoration of my DHC has started

Beans

impatiently waiting for a message that it is ready for painting the first of the outside paint layers  

Haven't had time to visit the paint shop since last tueasday to bring the bonnet.
Was masked of for the inside to be painted ....

And forgot the camera  

I'M BLIND! I'M BLIND! I'M BLIND! 😀

Just seen it in the flesh and it's very GREEN!  Have to admit the painter did an excellent job, the bodywork looks very smooth and straight, Shame about the colour though..... it;s very GREEN!! Well, as long as you like it Mr Beans!  

Last weekend I had a go at wax-oiling all the box-sections of the cars body.
Filthy stuff (I have the feeling I still smell the greasy stuff) but I think I covered all the problem areas, a few pictures ...

A few places will get an extra bit of the sticky stuff, just to be sure, especially the rear of the sills were they meet the B-post ...

... and the seams between inner and outer wings ...

Busied myself with the fresh-air-duct tonight.
The fresh-air-duct itself was powder coated, the catches were first galvanized (gloss zinc) and after that black passivated .

And after fitting it with some locally sourced seals I have another item ready to fit to the car ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonight I fitted the sound proofing pads.
Despite the fact, that it took a fair bit longer to fit the pads than planned, it was a rather rewarding evenings work.

The spare wheel well ...

Rear bulk head panel ...

Left hand floor area ...

Hope to finish the soundproofing this weekend.
So the moment I can start with  the re-assembly is slowly but surely drawing near 🙂