The Restoration of my DHC has started

Beans

I went over to the shed this afternoon to brave the cold for a few hours.
As it is still far too cold to use glue (for carpets and certain trim pieces) I decided to fit the headlights instead.
I first fitted the bare mechanism, followed by the empty headlamp pods ...

With all mounting nuts and bolts tightened by hand it was possible to move all parts about,
till a more or less decent fit of the lamp pods inside the front panel was achieved ...

After that it was only a matter of fitting the light units and finish them off with the black rubber bezels.
Slowly starting to look like a TR7 again ...

I had totally forgotten about the proposed MG version - where on earth did you find the photo? Do you think those nice Chinese who produce the MGF would also produce an updated Magna?

My other idea is to change the Triumph logos on my car & join the local MG club. The expression on their faces when they see the car would be priceless   

Had a look at the different sets of wheels I have lying around, to see which I am going to use on the DHC;

The 7Jx15 Revolutions I used on the car;

This very mint set of original TR7 alloys (with new coating and tyres of course);

Or a choice of two (slightly different) sets of steel wheels;

combined with various hub caps.
I think I've got a plan ...

Beans,

The Rimmer's TR7/8 catalogue v2.2 has an article on Harris Mann's original sketches of how he wanted the car to look - almost all of them show it with low profile tyres & alloy wheels. IMHO the car looks better with lower profile tyres and you would be following the original design idea before the bean (ouch!) counters got involved...

Whatever you decide, your hard work has made it one fabulous car!

Over the past few days I fitted a new steering rack ...

But not before I tied down the gaiters decently ...

Switched my attention to the rear axle next ...

Used a collection of drifts got the alignment of the holes sorted, enabling the bolts to be fitted ...

With all axle mounting bolts in place it was time to fit the springs, connect the rear dampers and torque down all bolts ...

Next stage will be fitting the half shafts and rear drums.

Fitted the half shafts to the rear axle, followed  by the rear brakes ...

drums ...

and the front pads ...

I decided to go for some traditional Mintex M1144 pads.
They should have more bite than the EBC Greenstuff I've been using over the years.