GT6 Restoration

Nick Jackson (2)

I've made a lot of progress in taking off the many layers of paint back to bare metal on my GT6, but I'm left with an awkward final problem.   How do you get the paint off the inaccessible nooks and crannies like inside the roof gutters?  Are there special tools available?

Also, if you were doing a bare metal rebuild, would you go as far as taking the internal body panels back to bare metal as well? As most of the inside will be covered up I wouldn't bother personnally, unless bare metal would make any panel repairs easier. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Nick J.

There are so many types of wire brushes for drills and grinders that could do the work, just need some extra elbow grease....

As far as the inside, i have just cleaned it up of rust, made the necessary repairs and handpainted it, didn't see the point of spending the time and effort to get a great finish only to end up covering it with carpet and trim. Also i just went with black, again didn't see the point spending the entra $$$ on the bory colour and spent it elsewhere

Archived