marshman777

I thought that was the case but they must be seized as it won't move at all. The strip down must be done as I can't get to the passenger side due to the wall so i need to move her out to more space.
All is going well although I didn't realise just how much WD40 I would use, what a great product.
Thanks for uploading the photos properly Toledo.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy

It sounds like the Caged Nut is spinning inside the Over-rider ??) a common problem after 40 odd years :-/

I presume it's the lower bolt that goes through the long tube, this one gets more road crap thrown up at it!

I've had this happen on one of my Heralds, try giving the Captive nut a good soaking in penetrating oil, leave for a bit then give it some more.

I reckon I got the long bolt out by wedging the captive nut in place with a long screwdriver while carefully undoing the bolt?

If not, carefull use of an Angle grinder to grind the head of the bolt off will do it, if you can get access that is, I know it's a bit restricted in the corner of the boot :(

Regards

Gary