Pics in old threads

TimW

I'm not being ungrateful and I think Ben has done a great job so far in managing to import a considerable amount of data from the original site but after scanning through a bunch of old threads most of the pictures are missing. Is this still to be addressed?

Thanks for all the hard work so far

Tim W

The way I understand it, if it was on the old server, we have migrated it over. Unfortunately, some threads on the old server were already missing their images. I'm not suggesting we start a log roll of missing image threads, but I'm sure @Ben Hutchings will be able to advise and/or confirm which threads are devoid of their images.

Yes some of the old threads reference images that aren’t actually there. This is nearly always on stuff from before 2013 I think. I’d thought it was the exception rather than the rule though, so if you have a handful of examples @TimW please share them and I can check the raw original data.

About 1200+ images have been imported so far along with posts, we know this because they are being hosted separately from Invision on AWS. 

There are quite a few threads that contained pics hosted on free services that either no longer exist now, or only offer access from paid accounts these days.

Final thing I noticed was that there’s a period in late 2010’s where pretty much no one was attaching or inserting images because of some attachment bug. There are tons of post saying “where are my images?” Etc.

If there are threads that are truly useless without images they reference, it’s best we delete them or move them to the holding area. 

Ok Ben

I'll try and have another look through over the coming days and try and make a lost. I only got as far as the engine section as I was looking fir my EFI build so I started from the last pages and worked back