Heater Controls

Matt306

Still fixing my '82 DHC . All progressing, carbs rebuilt water pump done. New Rear deck installed Holes in Spare wheel well repaired. Bottom of B Post repaired.

I have a new fuel tank and fuel line to install. Refurbed back axle going in soon.

I moved onto dash and heater . I noticed the levers on the heater controls weren't working one flap being seized. This has meant the at the lever end the operating cam has worked off the splined shaft. I cant see anything to secure it on , how is the cam secured on the splined shaft?

Matt,

Exactly which one is stuck? Its not an easy fix, but it is possible if you have plenty of patience.

I suspect its the actuating mechanism that has slipped and then catches behind the cam making it appear to be stuck. Trying to force it damages the mechanism so be careful until you are sure what you are doing.

Cheers

H

Howard it was the far right lever think it has had a leak at some point as the matrix has signs of a leak. The pipes have a hole too so new matrix from Robsport coming today,

The flaps now move as i have opened it all up , the flaps need a paint and some foams. 

The lever has come off the splined shaft at the control just wondering how these are secure on?

Thats the bit Howard, a clamp aaah I'll try that.

At the moment its out and in pieces, going to replace the foams on the flaps, got a new heater matrix from Robsport, but i have come to the conclusion the pipes are knackered too. 

Matt, when you reassemble the mechanism be careful that the cam that is linked to the flap does not disengage with the operating lever & get trapped.

It a pain to adjust after installation, as I discovered the hard way.

Cheers

Howard

Ahh that one was disengaged i think its the intake flap? The demist direction vent on mine was siezed think thats what caused the lever to pop off the shaft

It will all be moving freely when reassembled and free from leaks! The bulkhead seal I will make my own as it appears it isnt available

• 2 weeks later...