Fixing MGF Seats into a Herald

Anthony

I'm currently playing with a set off MGF seats.

I've cut the MGF brackets off the seat runners, and have cut and drilled the lengths of flat-bar to mount the MGF runners to the Herald floorpan.

Could someone tell me how I'm supposed to fix the front flat-bars to the floorpan?

I can see how the rear ones fit -- they just bolt in place. But as the front of the floorpan is flat, when I put the flat-bar in place it lies flat on the floorpan, meaning there's no room underneath it for the nylon nut.

Are people drilling a hole in the floorpan for the front flat-bar, and fixing the nylon nut in place underneath the car? Or is the nylon nut fixed in place inside the car?

Thanks,

Anthony.

Thanks Pete.

I've already followed those instructions.

What they don't tell you, however, is that the front nylon nuts stop the flat-bar from touching the floorpan.

Do I drill holes in the floorpan for the front nylon nuts to go through?

Thanks Pete,

I've got the rear flat-bar and runners fixed successfully, as well as the flat-bar for the front.

However, because the floorpan is flat at the front, once I've fixed the front flat-bar in position there's no space underneath it for the nylon nut which holds the front of the seat runner in place.

No doubt someone will be along soon with the answer