Anyone Manchester way

PabloMoorzio

I'm not a million miles away (depending on where in Manchester you are!) as I'm over the hill in Halifax.

What's the situation with the motor? What has changed since it last ran? Have you ever had it running? I'm just trying to gauge whether its a situation where it just needs the carbs and timing setting up (and maybe fault find the fuel pump or something like that) or if it's a mystery solving exercise (like if the carbs have been rebuilt etc.)

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 11:37, yorkshire_spam said:

I'm not a million miles away (depending on where in Manchester you are!) as I'm over the hill in Halifax.

What's the situation with the motor? What has changed since it last ran? Have you ever had it running? I'm just trying to gauge whether its a situation where it just needs the carbs and timing setting up (and maybe fault find the fuel pump or something like that) or if it's a mystery solving exercise (like if the carbs have been rebuilt etc.)

Hi Spam

I'm just down road from you in Oldham. I had it in a garage last year and had loads done to it  new coil fuel pump and brakes and other bits, cost me a fortune but was never "right". Choke wouldn't come out any etc.. so assume they did some fannying around with that rather than adjust carbs 😞

Wouldn't start and as left for few weeks without trying  not turning over so bought new solenoid but I am so daft I don't know which wires for what.

I "think" needs carbs adjusting. Am dying to get this thing on road as just gonna rot otherwise.

Like I say, not expecting someone to come and fix it up for nowt, sick of gettinv ripped off by clown garages who don't know owt without computer chip though!

• Like 1

Ok, so what's the current situation? Have you taken the old solenoid off and can't fit the new one? Battery charged?

What do you have in the way of tools/equipment? 

• Battery charger/booster?
  • Timing strobe?
  • Fuel can?
  • Spanners/screwdrivers/hammer?
  • Multimeter?

I'm not saying go out and buy this stuff - just trying to gauge what you have available and any pre-diagnostics we could do.