John54

Despite what Haynes etc. advise there is NO NEED to remove the timing covers or crankshaft pulley to change the waterpump on an Acclaim. All you need to do is remove the one bolt that passes through the timing cover and waterpump along with all the other waterpump fixing bolts, then simply loosen the other timing cover bolts by a couple of turns. You'll then find it's quite easy to wangle the old pump out and, with a little care, the new one in. I've done a few like this and it's not a bad job, really - couple of hours tops once you know the ropes but if it's your first one allow an afternoon.

Still miss the Triomatic we had, lovely to drive even though it was a bit of a shed.

Many thanks for that - going to give it a go!!! Yes the Trio is fun and easy. Mine is not a shed yet although it was used as one before I collected it on a trailer. 24000 now nearly 31000 and running fine. Metallic Gold too.

Not had a manual to compare but this one seems to give nearly 40mpg overall.Performance is 'better' if I dont try too hard!!! Full throttle from rest gives me the impression it is hard work. Better to let it go at its own pace, if that makes sense. The speedo reads
slow though - I used a dash cam which showed 36 when speedo showed 30, especially when cold. Also 'spoken' to by traffic police who said I was doing nearly 40 in 30 limit with him behind me!!

• 2 months later...