Hi,

I have a Triumph Acclaim L Beige, and the standard wheels that come with this. The wheel trims are looking a bit tired and worn. I have read in some places that painting them with chrome effect paint seems to help. Has anyone done this? What recommendations do you have?

Also the main bar on the rear windows (Outside) that looks like it was once painted black has no paint on it and is also looking tired, any recommendations on this? I could just rub her back and paint it black..

Thanks for the advice  :)

I put chrome paint on Ivor's wheels a number of years ago, and it did perk him up. I also went over the badges. I just cleaned the wheels and painted it on, no rubbing down or anything. The car wasn't anything brilliant but it made a difference. I suspect you may have to rub them down properly to get a decent job though. I wasn't worried!

BTW Ivor was a beige HLS. Then I painted him with a paintbrush by hand using a tin of Spruce Green from Homebase. Not really recommended for a professional job, but kept the rust at bay long enough for the MOT to run out and for me to part-ex him.

CAroline

Archived