front strut tool

luds

hi everyone im new to the thread and i read that some one wanted to know what the tool for the strut nut to be taken off is ?.
it is made by Falcom and is called FACOM 117.B ADJUSTABLE PIN WRENCH SPANNER  :)

Welcome!
I think the idea is the tool has two pins on a half moon like the spanner for an angle grinder.
I have made my own tool by cutting a piece of pipe such that it has two pins sticking out one end.  The other end I blanked off and welded a nut on it for a ratchet wrench.
The tool then goes over the protruding shock absorber stub to engage in the two cavities/holes in the strutnut.  You'll probably also have to attend to a tab that has been peened over into one of the cavities to act as a locking system.

Beware:  if this is the first time the unit is being disassembled, the shock is not an insert type but very likely the original which means a few cupfulls of oil will come pouring out if you haven't got it upright.

Julian