matt

has anyone had problems with a TR6 bosch fuel pump? the pump has power but when the ignition is turned usually you would hear a sound of the pump whirring letting fule through to start however this is not happening! can anyone recommend a course of action to test the fuel pump? can the fuel pump be taken apart and cleaned or just swap the pump to see if it cures the problem?
thanks

I'm no expert on these, but i've a friend who has had the same problems ... actually his was brand new, too. Although they are expensive, i believe a Capri one should fit and you can get them 2nd hand for a tenner (well, he did).

I'm not that sure about cleaning, etc. but i'll try to remember to ask him.

A good person to ring for advice on these is Prestige Fuel injection ... happy to talk about Triumphs.

Aha, i remember the aforementioned TR6 breaking down on us as a result, and having to be trailered home  :( At the time the fuel was clearly boiling in the filter, so this could be part of the issue, but as i said before I don't know that much about it!

fuel is definitely getting to the fuel pump.......the relay switch was stuck and now the pump motor is working at high RPM! still no fuel at injectors though, getting the fuel pipe either off the prv or pump is a nightmare! any suggestions?

Archived