Front valance

Richard B

How do you gain access to the seam where the front valance is welded to the front wing? 

On the 2000/2.5 you remove the headlamp panel to gain access; but like a lot of things "it's more complicated on a Stag".

My Stag requires some small repair around the Front Valance/Radiator support/inner wing area. I was going to change the front valance, but now I'm not sure.

Ok, fair enough. If I turn my head through 90o I can just about get it through the grill gap (ok ok I'm a big head) and see the lower seam. I suppose I could do it by standing up in the engine bay. The engine, lights, grill, radiator are all stripped out, but the steering rack and crossmember are still there to help move the shell around.

What I can't get to is the seam between the top panel and the wings. It appears to be hidden in side the top panel/headlight panel, or am I being dense?

What do people do when changing the front wings? 

I'm smiling.................. 

I think I'll leave the top panel and just replace the front valance and radiator support panel next weekend. I'll phone a supplier in the morning to order parts.

Thanks for the advise Wakaday.

Why could'nt they have used the design of the 2000/2.5 Mk II, I thought that was awkward until I started on the Stag?

Archived