Oil Pressure gauge not working & oil Light On

jstone

Hi,

I recently took out the engine to put in a new clutch and at the same time I upgraded the oil filter to a screw on type at the same time. I have fired up the engine and the oil pressure gauge is not reading and the green oil warning light is on all the time even when given a few revs.

I have checked the oil pressure gauge screw thread to the engine and the dip stick is showing that the engine oil levels are good.

Does anybody have any idea why it is not registering and the green light is always on. Can you get an air lock or something like that ?

Any help gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Jeremy

Have you got the right filter on there? most flow in round the edge and then up the middle. its possable yours in not like this and your filter has a one way valve,
did the oil drilling on the new filter housing line up with the drilling on the block?? is your oil pump mounted in the sump or on the filter housing? if the latter is the drive lining up corectly?

Have you got the right filter on there? most flow in round the edge and then up the middle. its possable yours in not like this and your filter has a one way valve,
did the oil drilling on the new filter housing line up with the drilling on the block?? is your oil pump mounted in the sump or on the filter housing? if the latter is the drive lining up corectly?

Archived