Lanoguard

Tony H

I keep getting adverts for Lanoguard on social media. It (obviously) suggests it's the best underbody protection going as it's environmentally friendly and you don't need to mask your exhaust as it's non-flammable. 

As Waxoyl is the old favourite, I just wondered if anyone has used Lanoguard to compare?

Thanks 

Waxoyl is not great, for some reason it tends to lift. 

I have been using Dinitrol, 2 types, on my cars and no issues with it lifting or suffering. (I use a really thin one, 3125 I think, and a hard wax for wheel arches etc that I expected to need topping up annually, but 5 years 25K + miles and still all intact!)

No idea on the Lanoguard though, it seems pretty new so would need long term results.

• Like 1

I too have seen the adverts.  It does seem to have a good following if you Google elswhere, but although more expensive it seems to be no better than Dinotrol or the one I use - Bilt Hamber Dynax. 

I did have a can of old waxoyl left that I didn't want to waste to I experimented on the Sprinter van,  mixing it with old engine oil, diluting slightly with white spirit and spraying it on with a paraffin gun. Worked pretty well, remains in place a couple of months later and has styed rather sticky!

I did under the Disco more recently with a mix of Bilt Hamber and Waxoyl - that too seems to have covered well!

• Like 1