Advice on selling a Spitfire

James P

Hi, new member from Somerset here.

I bought a MkIV 1300 Spitfire a few years ago with intentions to restore what I could and get restored what was beyond my skills.

Cutting a long story short I simply haven’t had the time or space to start, and I think it’s time to move on and let somebody else have a chance.

Does anyone have any advice on the best place to advertise, I believe there is a local (ish) owners club? The car is pretty much complete, has a hard top and I was handed a soft top with the purchase, but haven’t inspected it. The car was driving when I parked it in my yard, but I think the starter motor is jammed now.

Any help much appreciated.

James

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve...

for "best price" - list it on eBay with a vague description and some flattering photos and hope people bid on it.

Or if you want a "fair price" - advertise on forums like this and facebook marketplace (but on faceache be prepared for a steady stream of time-wasters and chancers) 

Where did you buy it from? Maybe re-advertise in the same place?

Wish you the best of luck moving it on at a proper price and with a minimal of hassle.