selling a Triumph to somebody in France

Clive

Long story short, we are selling a Triumph to somebody who lives in France. They are aware that the car needs to be "standard" but how standard? 

I am hoping that as long as the engine size is correct and teh engine number is on the V5, then all is well? Stainless exhaust and 4 branch manifold?

What about wheels? Are wire wheels OK? What about alloys? Tyre size? I have no idea how strict the regs are. Neither is the buyer!

Any pointers would be great, as I have agreed to change stuff so they can import it.

I imported one back in 2015 so some of the paperwork requirements could be different now, thanks to Brexit, but as far as it being standard goes not difficult.

There is a site that you send off to for a 'attestation pour l'obtention d'une carte grise "Vehicule de collection" or for a "normal" registration, this would be done by the purchaser once the car is here.

Basically if the model of car was sold in France then it will be listed and straight forward. The engine needs to of the same capacity as when first sold. Different exhaust system shouldn't be a problem, as for wire wheels they'll be fine - mine arrived with Minilites and I still got it passed under  the stricter rules of "Vehicule de collection".

If you want to look at the FFVE site 

https://www.ffve.org/obtenir-une-attestation-ffve

The buyer has all that to deal with as well as VAT declaration/exemption, CT (MOT).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rosbif said:

I imported one back in 2015 so some of the paperwork requirements could be different now, thanks to Brexit, but as far as it being standard goes not difficult.

There is a site that you send off to for a 'attestation pour l'obtention d'une carte grise "Vehicule de collection" or for a "normal" registration, this would be done by the purchaser once the car is here.

Basically if the model of car was sold in France then it will be listed and straight forward. The engine needs to of the same capacity as when first sold. Different exhaust system shouldn't be a problem, as for wire wheels they'll be fine - mine arrived with Minilites and I still got it passed under  the stricter rules of "Vehicule de collection".

If you want to look at the FFVE site 

https://www.ffve.org/obtenir-une-attestation-ffve

The buyer has all that to deal with as well as VAT declaration/exemption, CT (MOT).

Excellent, thank you very much. So as long as it looks sensible all will be well.