1965 Vitesse6 Badges

Vitesse6

hi, I finally want to get around to getting the correct badges on my Vitesse 6, does anyone have a pic of the correct ones for this car.
In particular I would like to know what should go behind the fuel cap, is is a short bar or flags? Also on the wings.

Many thanks

• 1 year later...

hi I have a 1965 Vitesse 6 convertible and wonder if you can help me with what should go in the holes at the side of the front bonnet, was it a Leyland badge?

I managed to get the short piece of trim for the rear wing but is it only held by one rivet, if so how does it stay in place?

many thanks Dale

39 minutes ago, Vitesse6 said:

hi I have a 1965 Vitesse 6 convertible and wonder if you can help me with what should go in the holes at the side of the front bonnet, was it a Leyland badge?

I managed to get the short piece of trim for the rear wing but is it only held by one rivet, if so how does it stay in place?

many thanks Dale

Not sure where you have holes in your bonnet. But I don't remember any badges on my 1600 apart from teh Triumph across the front. I would check, but the car is back in storage for a few weeks.

The short trim piece should have a captive rivet attached, plus a clip/rivet  atatched to the body, giving you 2 fixings. Plan B is to you could use a flexi sealant eg sikoflex/tigerseal. Or even double sided foam tape, as used on modern car badges

21 hours ago, Vitesse6 said:

many thanks Dale

Dale

Your Bonnet may have been replaced for a later 2 Litre or 2 Litre Mk2 Bonnet which does have small square badges on the wings, on the early 2 Litre Cars it states 2 Litre, on the Mk2 models from late 1968 till end of production it states MK2

The very last MK2 models built in 1971 did also have an additional Small Leyland logo badge low down on the Wing, late Heralds manufactured in 1971 also had the Leyland badge

I've attached a couple of Photo's to explain.

Regards 

Gary

Mk2 Vitesse Convertible Press car - MWK 668G Possibly.jpg

Last Herald.webp