Mk1 GT6 Door Seals

Tel

GT6 Mk1 door door closer seals.

Hello

I purchase a set of door seals from Canleys a while ago, i would like to know if the Fuzzy seal in the kit is fitted from the door latch on the A  post to the top of the quarter light window or does it go down to the bottom of the quarter light where it protrudes from door I need to cut all the seals to length so don't want to find i have cut them to short. The parts books I have looked at don't really give what I want. Any help will be greatly appreciated.    

Hi Tel,

There are four 'fuzzy' seals for the doors and rear side window:

NS Door aperture

NS Rear Window aperture

OS Dood aperture

OS Window aperture

Originally. the rear windows had a specially formed seal, but these are obtainable.  Therefore suppliers supply seals for this window that have the same section as the door seal.

In addition the GT6 doors had two extra seals:

One fitted into runner on top of seal: no longer available. This slides into a channel that is welded to the onto the sill, difficult to explain though!

One fitted into the fuzzy seal against the A post, these are obtainable and do reduce wind noise and water penetration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Hi Tel,

There are four 'fuzzy' seals for the doors and rear side window:

NS Door aperture

NS Rear Window aperture

OS Dood aperture

OS Window aperture

Originally. the rear windows had a specially formed seal, but these are obtainable.  Therefore suppliers supply seals for this window that have the same section as the door seal.

In addition the GT6 doors had two extra seals:

One fitted into runner on top of seal: no longer available. This slides into a channel that is welded to the onto the sill, difficult to explain though!

One fitted into the fuzzy seal against the A post, these are obtainable and do reduce wind noise and water penetration.

HI Tim

Thanks for the reply
The seals i got were 3 long rubber seals and two fuzzy seals, i fitted one long to the two rear windows and the other two to the doors thinking the fluffy seals must fit around the door windows and quarter light, would i be right thinking i should have fitted the fuzzy seals to the rear windows and the  other two long ones go completely around the door apertures,  i think the long one now fitted  to the rear windows was meant the the tailgate, would i now need to get more of the fuzzy seals to go on the A post. When I got the car it was in boxes. I do remember that the doors had seals glued on to the bottom where it closes on the sill.