C2C 23 Carbon Balancing

Chriss

Below is an extract from an email I recently sent all entrants to this year's C2C.

Club Triumph is keen that as many entrants as possible carbon balance their CO2 emissions. I have been trying to get Tree-V to introduce a 500 mile event to their rally category so that C2C entrants can just cover this event at minimal cost, but this has not proved possible yet.  The options for carbon balancing through the FBHVC scheme are to buy an annual subscription to the scheme, or to buy a subscription to a rally event.

I had understood from Tree-V that 2022 subscribers would receive a reminder when their subscription was due for renewal.  After talking with several 2022 subscribers it would appear that reminders have not been issues.  The simplest way to cover the event is to check if your annual subscription is due for renewal and if so renew at the appropriate mileage, or to take out a new subscription if you have not had one previously.  Annual Subscription rates are – up to 750 miles £20.00, up to 1,500 miles £30.00, and for up to 3,000 miles £48.76.

An alternative is to buy a subscription for a rally event.  For this the subscription rates are – up to 1,250 miles £25.80, up to 2,500 miles £42.00, and for up to 5,000 miles £81.00. For those entrants who have also entered the RBRR the 2,500 mile category would cover both the RBRR and the C2C and be slightly cheaper than an annual subscription.

Entrants who have purchased a subscription are entitled to an additional 125mm (5”) diameter vinyl to stick on their car to provide a higher visibility signal to potential hecklers that our emissions have been offset. These are available to subscribers only at sign on.

image.png.5c6d1b5c7a31503510983e2a9c1b2e11.png

See https://trees.fbhvc.co.uk/shop

I hope your preparation is going well.

Best wishes, Chris

• Like 1