Car covers

standardthread

This link is to the one I bought 3 years ago, I'm in France so I guess the actual supplier isn't ideal for you. It does give you an idea of the structure, the price has doubled since I bought mine. The first one I had was from  a well known supplier of covers, it was expensive but wasn't up to the job - seems soon started to come aparty and I had to do regular glueing jobs.

The current one is wearing well, despite our cats climbing on it to sleep and strop their claws on it.

Mine is on a 13/60 so to give added protection to the cover I have glued a piece of thin, tough foam in the inside back corners where the 'fins' rub on it.

Something else to look out for is a strap that passes under the car, stops the cover flying away in really bad weather even though it might come off part of the car. I also put 2 eyelets on the front and used elastic between them that I hook under the front overriders to stop the front of the cover lifting when there are stong winds - the car faces towards the west and we get the full effect of the west winds.

55 minutes ago, standardthread said:

I think to order from France with carriage and taxes would push the price through the roof.

Quite right, as I said the supplier wouldn't be right for you but you have a starting point to check out UK suppliers. Try Google with the make of the cover 'Coverek' and see what you get.

On 08/08/2023 at 11:18, Rosbif said:

Try Google with the make of the cover 'Coverek' and see what you get.

Thanks Rosbif. I tried a search and the prices came up at nearly twice the price from France!

Based on the spec of your cover I looked on ebay and found these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203636580252

It arrived today. The 'plastic' is heavy duty, soft, flexible and lined. Complete with straps for the wheels and across the car.

I trial fitted it to the car, time will tell if it does the job but it appears more robust than the cheap thin plastic ones around.

Thanks again.

That seems to tick all the boxes and at a good price as well.

Something I do for winter is run an elastic bungey from front to back of the car between the car and cover to give an air gap, I also leave the windows open a little.

I put foam pipe insulation over the elastic as a protection for the body work. Also on sunny winter days uncover the car to let it air and if possible spread the cover out upside down to make sure it is also dry, I actually turn it inside out and put it over my modern to do it.