Silverstone SOS - 10th March.

Chriss

I have had the following news from MGoT.  They are having trouble with filling their places at Silverstone.  They have helped us in the past by providing entrants at Goodwood and Cadwell Park. They need our help.  If you can possibly go to Silverstone please will you go.  You may not have to use a Triumph, but let them know you are from Club Triumph.  I'll seek some more clarity on this and put up additional postings.

Silverstone News
We are now only one month away from this Flagship event that is scheduled for Tuesday 10th March this year. Silverstone has always been very well supported in the past with some 80+ MGs all enjoying the UK’s premier circuit, however at the time of writing this, surprisingly and very unusually, we still have some 36 spaces left unsold!

Back in December 2014, we sent out a newsletter asking for your help. To allow us to hold Silverstone at close to last year’s price’s, we needed to move the event to a Tuesday and the question was, would you still support it?
We had a very positive response to this with over 100 saying “YES! We would support it”

With your encouraging answers, Silverstone was booked but unfortunately these responses have not turned into bookings and at the moment the event is heading for a significant loss, of over £ 6,000 as of today.

If we can’t come close to filling both sessions Silverstone will not be on the calendar in 2016.

We at MGs on Track run a not-for-profit club and have negotiated extremely hard with not only Silverstone but all circuits to give, you, our members, the very best track day prices. To keep our track day costs down, we run on a very tight budget. For this reason, if there is a shortfall of more than a couple of cars entering a track day event, we start to lose money.

To continue to run days at the UK’s premier circuit, I am afraid we have to say Use it or Lose it! Please show your support by booking Silverstone now! The event page to book a place at Silverstone is HERE.

*A slight change to the event: Silverstone circuit are involved in re-development work in the pits area that we traditionally use so they have asked us to run from the new Wing complex.  We did this once before in the autumn of 2013 after the March day was cancelled due to snow and I think all those who attended were impressed by the facilities there.

*As a final point, we will now be opening Silverstone to compatible marques. This is something we do quite regularly at other tracks so don’t be surprised to see some ‘non-MGs’ appearing on the Event List.