Salfur

Hi all, 

I'm after some advice please.  My dad owns a Triumph Renown Limousine, this was his first car.  It is currently in parts in this garage.  Please can anyone advise about selling this and where to go as he is at a loss as to what to do with it as unfortunately he does not have the funds to restore it!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

good evening sally ann,

Best place to start would be in contacting the Razoredge club they can advise you in prices and condition etc, Roger Stone is their magazine editor and member of  Club triumph, he might pop in here and contact you, if not I'll send you the contact details in PM.

Limousines are quite rare, they were build on a 3 inch longer chassis than the normal renowns and were intended for the chauffeur driven manager. The chassis number should end with LIM and be something like TDB (or TDC) 1234 LIM. As far as I know all came ex factory with a glass division between driver and rear, although one is know to survive without the division but might have been altered sometime later in life. As a concept they were not that successful, most of the extra length went into the front doors, the rear compartment did not really benefited from the extra 3 inches. 

I am not going to give you guide price, I don't think the club allows this, and even if they did so it would be very irrelevant without seeing the car, a lot of it depends on condition and originality and ranges from a few hundred pounds into 5 figures.

They are quite capable cars, I drove mine ( a normal TDB) twice round Britain during our RBRR without problems.

I'm not sure if the new website allows you to put up pictures as a newly registered member but otherwise we do like pics and as they say they are better than a 1000 words. (although Roger would disagree and like a few words for an article in the magazine) Dont hesitate to contact them, you'll see they are a friendly bunch

kind regards

Dirk Devogeleer

Not sure if it is a forum Bug or something went wrong during the creation of your profile but i seem not to be able to send you a PM,

Please send me a PM, my contact details should be public by clicking on my profile picture or through the model consultant tile to the side of this thread.

Send me a few words of the history, where the car is and a picture if possible together with an email I can use to reply

Dirk