timbancroft61 wrote:
Thanks, Richard.

BTW Roger Saunt has been in contact with Morrisons, they will donate a figure to the RNLI if fuel is bought at their PFS's. They have sent credit card sized cards that have to be presented when paying for the fuel. I will discuss this during the DM's.

Top stuff by Richard and Roger.

Tim,

Is this offer from Morrisons Garage at Stirling the "Pie stop" or is this Morrisons Supermarkets?

I don't know if it's the same for all Morrisons Supermarkets but our local one doesn't stock super unleaded petrol only normal low octane unleaded.

The GT6 runs much better on super, particularly V-Max or Tesco 99 Octane super so this takes away some of the incentive to use the fuel cards unless some of the other morrisons actuallt stock unleaded. :-/

Andy,

Valid points, bit remember that we think only 3 Morrison PFSs will be open when we need fuel:
Alness, near Inverness (Dalmore Road, Allness, IV17 0UY) 07.00 to 21.00hrs (Use on the way back down).
Fort William (An Aird, Fort William, PH33 6AN) 08.00 to 20.00hrs.
Penzance (A30 Eastern Way, Penzance, TR18 3RF) 10.00 to 16.00hrs (Use after Breakfast at LE).

BIG FACTOR: Cost of fuel at these establishments is cheaper than the norm, now at approx £1.10/L.

Roger Saunt has worked hard to arrange this so please use as we need to do well for the RNLI.

Hi Tim

There is also a Morrison's fuel station in Stirling, but I am aware that we should be using the PFS near the check point.  However we are hoping to go and have a meal in the cafe at Morrison's as we don't like SCOTCH PIES!!!!!! there i've said it you can have our share of scotch pies :)

Regards
Sarah

ok here it is.  list of leaded petrol stations close to the route.

1) greenfield service station, baldock rd, royston, herts, sg8 9nn, this is about 3.5 miles along the A505, instead of turning onto the A1198 continue straight on.

2) roman garage, bridge end road, lincolnshire, ng32 3ad, this is about 5 miles along the A52 turn right off of the A1.

3) rainbow garage, east knighton, dorchester, dorset, dt2 8lf, this ia about 9 miles along the A352 turn right off of the A35.

;D GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY SEE YOU THERE :)

I'm so EXCITED/NERVOUS  ;D

Archived