Electric windows and 'aircon' problems...

charliefortune

My air blower only blows onto the windscreen whatever I set it on. I can hear the bits moving around behind the dash when I move the slider, but it only comes out of the same place. I've tried looking underneath, but I cant see and I get all twisted up and stuck...

Also my drivers electric window winds up but near the top, it falls inwards and consequently can't slide up into the top of the door, and gets jammed. Anyone replaced these before ?

I also need a bootlid and a drivers outside door handle, if anyone can help for spares.

I've given up on the volvo turbo engine...Now I'm just hoping that the gold avon off ebay will still be around next year when I might have more money.

Re door window. Replacing the winder mechanism should fix this but fiddly to do.

Boot lid - what colour would you like? We have a blue one.

Which door handle are you after? The flat one or the raised version? Bound to have one kicking around.

Re blower: sounds like the cables have come detached from the sliders on the tops of the dash. This happened on Marvin.

CAroline & Barry

the boot lid im after is rover porto red, a metallic burgundy sort of colour. I think the door handle must be the raised type i.e. they come out proud of the door itself.
The heater problem turns out to be a metal retaining clip which holds the blue cable atatched to the blower direction slider in place. Mine has broken off so the cable does not slide in and oout of its casing, but the whole lot moves, thus not altering the flaps at the other end. This hopefully makes sense...
If anyone has any of these as spares, I am in need.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived