Rolling Rear Wheel Arch

MarkB

Getting to the stage where I will have to either cut or roll the inner lip of the wheel arch to give tyre clearance. I am tempted to trim off a piece in the centre as that should give enough clearance, but don't want it to look butchered or a bodged so was considering rolling them. Never attempted rolling before and should have tackled this whilst the tub was off and upside down but I didn't look that far ahead at the time. Is it worth buying a wheel arch roller or just score it and tap or fold it over. This section is all new metal so don't want to distort of damage the outer wheel arch . Any suggestions?

Hi Dave

I've got the same Dunlop steels as you fitted 185 70 13 Firestone tyres. I have a Mk2 Vitesse but using Kingston Sports cars sliding splines, in place of roto-flex,with a  de-cambered spring The car will sit about 3" lower than standard.

I started off with a 1200 herald,1500 spit diff,swing spring(modded), spax shocks and I kept the "short shafts".
I do have quite a lot of neg camber though,so that's probably why the top of the tyres are totally inside the arch !
I know it's only a toy,but my iphone says 8-10 degrees neg camber !!!