Eletrical gremlins - headlights

PJM

Need a real quick answer here guys if you can help. My daughter is on the A34 at Newbury without headlights in a 78 TR7 FHC. Unfortunately she has the manual with her so explaining abiout wire colour codes and relays is not a lot of help.  Which of the relays controls the pop up headlights, which relay controls the main/dip beam and which fuses are involved. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

When you say she has no headlights - are they popped up but won't work?

If so the headlamp switch is probably burnt out as there is alot of current going through it and it isn't relayed!

Solution is a spare switch (unlikely I know) or some re-wiring. I think the only solution will be a recovery truck.

If the pods are down but the lights work in theory she can disconnect the wiring to the motors and wind them up manually. Again - probably calling breakdown assistance is the most sensible thing to do right now

As you look at the fuses/relays (having removed, maps, gloves, rain-X, manual & some old murray mints from the glove box)......

The relay at the bottom left is the run/stop for the left hand lamp (there's two similar relays above this one).  The relay for the Right Hand lamp is at the bottom right as you look.

Not sure on the fuse.... is there one?  :-/  Honestly can't recall.  If ur stuck I'll nip out and get the hand book.  Can they raise the lamps manually or are they 100% duff, and raising the lamps will just give two dead eyes?

Archived