High Pressure Fuel Hoses

garyf

I've got to replace a couple of High pressure fuel Hoses from the Pump to the PRV and from the feed Pipe to the Metering Unit.

I was going to order some from Moss but didn't know if it's worth spending a bit more for the Stainless steel reinforced type.

Anyone offer any advice?

For me its all about the look, rather than the function. If you are after a nice shinny engine bay , then ss works. If its not such a concern , i'd just make sure the lines are E10 or even E15 proof !!... With more Bio fuel being added these days to standard fuels, the fuel line just rot from the inside out...

The other concern is the bore of the pipes, important to keep flow rates as high as possible.

I had one 'burst' in the boot , with dramatic effect ...

I've ordered some PTFE lined Stainless re-inforced hoses Off Malcolm at Prestige?

Had a couple of people recommend him so hopefully they will last, although I didn't ask what 'R' rating they are

The thought of 105 PSI Fuel spraying around is not a nice thought?!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting the new Pump to PRV hose tonight and also changed the Fuel filter and a couple of the Low Pressure Hoses too, I had to buy a 3/8" BSP Elbow to fit on the PRV as the Crimped Elbow on the new Pipe wasn't in the right  position and I didn't want to Strain anything

A few Pics, will change the front one onto the Metering Unit on Saturday then check for any leaks!

Hopefully I will get it all ready for Sunday and Drive it Day?