TR Tony

You all may already have spotted this but Rimmers are selling several pairs of brand new Acclaim front wings through their ebay outlet:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-ACCLAIM-FRONT-WINGS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ260043204378QQihZ016QQcategoryZ27383QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just thought I'd mention it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday morning I went , by coach, an interesting experience, down to Poole, Dorset, to collectmy purchase on e-bay. This was a Triumph Acclaim, by  Avon. It needs some work to the body, but it drives very well. Imagine, leatger seats, electric windows and the usual vivid performance from the engine. I just hope that it passes it's impending M.O.T. test with no problems, keep your fingers crossed for me. I hope to be at my area meeting, this eevening to show it off(haven't decided on a name for her yet, any suggestions.

The car was teated yesterday. Mechanically perfect, but the dreaded tinworm is quite deeply entrenched, all four sus pension mounts are corroded and it will cost quite a lot to get them sorted out.  However I will press on regardless as it would be a shame to see this quite rare old lady broken up.

Archived